Womenswear Softs Designer
The Softs Designer is responsible for all design concepts and creation for the Blouses, Skirts & Shorts department in Womenswear.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Developing an innovative and commercial range of fashion products to meet business requirements across the UK and Europe for stores and online.
• Designing products which exceed the Urban Outfitters customers’ expectations of the brand, whilst remaining commercial in approach.
• Designing products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices.
• Working closely with the Head of Womenswear and design team on colour palettes and trends for the coming seasons
• Working cross functionally with the buying teams to define the collections and to produce them to reflect the Urban Outfitters concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains.
• Working with the technical department fitting samples to production.
• Keeping abreast of current season sales and create fast-react product in season to meet demands.
What You’ll Need:
• The understanding of Urban Outfitters as a trend maker and leader with the know how to take it to the next level.
• Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
• Be very detailed from concept stage through to specs and final designs, with the ability to design to many 'sensibilities'/muses.
• Extensive knowledge of global supplier base/country-of-origin and understanding of factory capabilities and strengths.
• Ability to work across varying departments, with different buying teams and lead-times.
• A natural at drawing by hand, but also proficient in CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills. Strong experience of InDesign.
• Proven ability of managing internal relationships and communications.
• Proven track record of fitting garments to a high commercial standard.
• Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
• Passion and enthusiasm for the brand with vision to support the design team to push the brand forward.
• Great team culture within a supportive and inclusive brand.
• Dog-friendly office.
• Complimentary onsite gym and wellness studio plus wellbeing initiatives.
• Onsite café.
• Local food/drink discounts.
• Great development programmes.
• Huge staff discount across the brands and regular sample sales.
• Competitive holiday allowance.
• Pension scheme, life insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans.
• And much more….
Want more Womenswear Softs Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Design Assistant jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.