Web / UI Developer
Our client is a leading provider of highway asset management software in the UK. As part of this delivery to their clients, they are constantly updating software, to keep ahead of the market and deliver a good product.
They are now looking for a Web / UI Developer to take on the responsibility for designing and implementing scalable, visually appealing web apps; to operate alongside the client’s main desktop product.
- User interface design.
- Liaison with project staff, users, developers etc. to develop specifications.
- Identification of suitable technologies and languages for each project.
- Test sites and apps in different browsers and environments.
- Problem-solving, bug fixing.
- Benchmark testing.
- Build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) where required.
- Investigate and test new technologies, frameworks and languages.
- Stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
- Carry out code refactoring and code optimisation.
- Code documentation.
- Sound technical knowledge in areas such as MVC, client-side components, server-side languages, web application frameworks and database management systems (in particular SQL server).
- Experience with version control systems (Git) and a thorough understanding of the architecture of web applications and web security and encryption.
- Good coding practices, documentation skills and attention to detail.
- a logical approach to problem solving with the ability to work independently and in mixed teams.
- Experience of development methodologies, such as Agile.
- HTML, CSS, BootStrap .
- Microsoft .NET core (C#, VB.NET).
- Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Microsoft SQL Server (preferred).
- Git repositories/versioning.
Want more Web / UI Developer jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.