For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audio-visual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
We are looking for an Vehicle Artist to join our Vehicle Art Team. We need your creative and technical skills to successfully deliver amazing looking vehicles. This will be a collaboration across a distributed production environment, working with different EA teams and outsourcers.
You will help the Vehicle Team to define visual benchmarks, set the bar for damage and weathering and be a creative influence on livery design, vehicle customisation and game features. We are not just looking for a traditional vehicle modeler but for someone to guide the whole process.
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Vehicle Lead to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded.
- Work with the Vehicle Team to improve art quality and workflows.
- Work with Concept Artists to develop original custom designs.
- Actively manage the outsource content, designing and reviewing the process.
- Work with outsource partners to define requirements and deliver quality vehicles.
- Work with the Lead Vehicle Artist to define art quality, methods and delivery and review final quality of outsource vendor.
- Understand the technical aspects of the vehicle production.
- Proven vehicle art experience on current-gen consoles and PC.
- You will be needed to quickly comprehend custom in-house tools.
- Experience modelling with Maya or any other major 3D package.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop for texture creation.
- Good level of expertise in Substance Painter.
- Understanding of PBR workflows.
- Experience integrating vehicle art into a game editor.
- Passion for cars / Vehicle design skills.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first.
We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Want more Vehicle Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, CG Textures jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.