User Researcher - Veygo
Veygo is a company built and owned by Admiral operating within the Admiral Pioneer business.
Admiral Pioneer is a new business within Admiral Group with the aim of seeding, launching, and scaling new businesses that will become one of the growth engines for Admiral in the future.
Veygo is one of these new businesses and at the forefront of the Mobility as a Service (MaaS) revolution, providing transport solutions for customers with and without cars. We are a team of passionate people who want to provide flexibility to our customers and allow them to get behind the wheel.
We are building a dynamic and energizing environment where we will provide all the excitement and freedom of a scale-up but with the support and stability of an established large organisation. We treat our colleagues openly, equally, and fairly and give them a ton of opportunity and freedom to do their best work and make a positive impact. We seek to recruit bright, passionate people who have a can-do attitude who look at the world and see the opportunity in our own small way, to make it better for our customers.
About the Role:
Working within an agile growth marketing team, we are looking for someone to get closer to our customers. Using a human-centred design approach, we want to put the customers into the heart of our process, using insights gathered to help build our new features and products.
Working with the product design team, principal product managers, and the marketing team, you will be in charge of gathering a broad range of insights to answer both customers and business needs.
This is a new role and we’re looking for someone who can gather data, conduct interviews, translate insight, identify opportunities, build value propositions, develop product concepts and help steer and define our innovation processes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Know our customers (through quantitative and qualitative methods).
- Lead the initial phases of the product design process.
- Create insight and reports to hand over to the design team to turn into prototypes or live products.
- Develop testing strategies to prove if the ideas are desirable and feasible, whilst testing any assumptions collated within the process.
- Aside from project based testing, we want someone that can help run BAU testing through on-site A/B tests, conducting customer panels and supporting marketing with building customer surveys.
As mentioned, this role will own the research and kick-start product innovation cycles. The role with be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Creating innovation processes, gathering data, conducting interviews, translating insight, identifing opportunities, building value propositions, developing product concepts and helping steer and define our innovation processes.
- Producing clear and compelling communication that captures the process, insights and output of research conducted.
- Organising and running monthly customer review panels to test brand ideas, campaigns and new product features.
- Effectively communicating with other departments within Veygo, supporting cross-functional collaboration and interaction.
- Consistently delivering high quality results by adopting the human-centred design approach.
- Creating and establishing processes to effectively deliver insight and strategy.
- Supporting the creation of proposals, best practices and development of new and existing ideas.
- Developing and delivering relevant internal training to the rest of the team.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in:
- Leading research projects from start to finish.
- Delivering customer interviews and insights.
- Interrupting human needs to translate behavioural insight into technical opportunities and solutions.
- Delivering design thinking, via the human-centered design approach.
- Spotting innovative opportunities.
- Turning insight into a deliverable product enhancement.
- Research analysis, qualitative insights, journey mapping and commercial considerations.
- Working with user testing tools such as usertesting.com, UserZoom and Testing Time.
- Working with AB testing and digital testing software such as Salesforce, Optimizely or VWO.
- The ability to translate customer insight into business needs.
- Good data presentation and layout skills.
Non Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with:
- Visualisation tools such as Miro and lucidchart.
- Prototyping tools such as Anima, InVision or Bubble.
- Data providers such as Tableau or Google Analytics.
We are happy to accommodate remote working for this position, however, the successful candidate will be required to work from our Cardiff office on average one day per week.
This role will be supporting and reporting into the Veygo Product Design Lead.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance:
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're voted no. 1 in the 2019 Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible. Please contact the Recruitment Officer looking after this position if you have any questions.
Want more User Researcher - Veygo jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Archive Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.