UI Design Manager
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
The Group Design Studio is a global Centre of Excellence providing Group and local markets with strategic design guidance with a vision to “design digital experiences our customers love”. We strive for experience excellence using the double diamond design methodology & principles. The team collaborates with product, marketing, technology and design to increase value to both our customers and our business.
As a senior UI designer, you are an integral part of our design team and an expert practitioner who influences and mentors UI Designers building digital products. You love problem solving, confident to embrace the unknown, and you are able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams. You are part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the technology industry and share our focus on user centred design and a passion for learning and experimenting.
You will support product development squads, responsible for driving consistency and effectiveness between them and driving the use of UI Design frameworks, design system and other toolkits. You have experience working in agile teams, driving forward product goals and metrics, building engaging products and working with design systems. You always search for improvements to products and services and work with the squads to implement them. You develop the look & feel based on brand direction and provide design direction, concepts and other graphic elements, ranging from prototypes to presentations to style-guides.
• Work closely with the UI Design Team Lead to design and direct high-quality user interfaces and experiences on behalf of Design Studio.
• Have strong ability to represent our customers and advocate design thinking in squads, delivering high quality design solutions, championing Vodafone Brand and our design principles.
• Design and develop visual design patterns, visual systems, and other standards to contribute to Source (Vodafone’s Design System).
• Responsible for the design experience working with Product Owners and UI Designers in multiple squads towards product goals.
• Create branded visual design concepts and drive design innovation across Vodafone products and services.
It would be nice if you have:
• Extensive visual design experience (>6 years), preferably in an agency environment, with some industry recognition and at least 3 years’ experience as a Senior UI Designer.
• A portfolio of digital projects and guidelines for known/global brands, including web & app design and a genuine understanding of global brands and brand expression.
• Strong ability to drive effective cross-functional project delivery.
You must have:
• A degree-level education (or equivalent) in design (or related).
• Mastery of Sketch and Invision.
• Industry expert with experience working with global brands.
• Experience in a commercial product, service and/or telecoms or technology company.
What’s in it for you?
• 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays.
• Flexible working.
• Pension matching scheme of up to 10%.
• 5 paid days leave for charity projects.
• MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes.
• Vodafone family and friends discount.
• Interest free commuter loan.
• Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Want more UI Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.