ToonBoom Harmony Lead Animator
About The Role:
We are looking for talented, motivated and enthusiastic Toon boom Harmony Animators to join our team on an exciting new 2D series here at Blue Zoo!
Our Lead Toon boom Harmony Animators are fantastic storytellers and excellent motivators. Their day-to-day focuses on managing their team, delivering characterful animated performances, and maintaining production deadlines, whilst meeting that all important brief from our Directors and Clients.
Our Lead Animators set an example within their team, are expert at both taking and giving feedback, and support the studio in pushing the boundaries of what TV animation is capable of.
We anticipate this role to start in May 2021.
Day to Day:
- Responsible for looking after a team of animators, and leading by example.
- Working with the animation director to help improve the storytelling of your team's shots.
- Managing your time efficiently to meet the deadlines of your assigned shots.
- Making sure your work is communicating the story, ideas and acting choices clearly from blocking through to the final animation.
- Responding positively to, and acting on notes and feedback from your Director and Animation Director.
- Mentor and support juniors on your team.
- Report any positive or negative observations to your Production Manager and/or Animation Director.
- Communicate with other departments to solve any asset problems for you and your team.
- Help manage director notes and oversee completion across the team.
- At least 1+ years experience in a Lead Animator role on a relevant production.
- At least 4+ years experience in the Animation industry (preferably working on a series).
- Knowledge of body mechanics, posing and getting the best performance possible out of a character.
- An excellent understanding of Toonboom Harmony.
- Ability to receive feedback and respond to direction positively.
- Great time management and prioritising skills.
- Interest in sharing your knowledge and skills with other team members.
- A team player and great collaborator mentality.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Motivation and can set a positive example to the team.
- Life drawing skills.
- Knowledge and skills in traditional hand-drawn animation to support the cut out animation workflow.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more ToonBoom Harmony Lead Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.