Technical Animator - Film & Episodic
We are currently looking for a talented and focused Technical Animator to join our team as we work to deliver to the challenges of large-scale post-production.
Framestore's Technical Animation department are Maya generalists who support the animators with their shots, are expert tool users and try to make sure the animators have all the tools they need to get their job done. We are problem solvers who are happy to dive in and help out where needed.
The role will involve Technical Animation as well as creating and supporting tools used on a daily basis by the Film Animation team. Maya based shot fixes, tool support, testing and prettification of shots that might require lights or FX cards to be added.The end goal is to ensure our Animators can operate efficiently when creating and refining motions, gestures, and expressions of three-dimensional computer graphic characters and objects for high-end VFX films.
- Animating both primary and secondary characters and elements.
- Working closely with Leads of multiple departments including Rigging and FX to improve communication lines in and out of the Animation department.
- Helping to maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
- Providing front-line support to Animation Artists, troubleshooting assets and shots, and helping artists with general problem-solving.
- Working closely with Pipeline Developers in testing and releasing new and modified software systems.
- Acting as an on-call resource for show production staff, primarily for complex, animation related urgent problems.
- Providing front-line support, resolving complex user errors, and guiding Pipeline Developers with debugging technical issues.
- Updating documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
- Ongoing communication with Production and Lead regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, and form.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Want more Technical Animator - Film & Episodic jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.