TV and Showbiz Features Writer - Mirror
Mirror Online is looking to recruit a TV and Showbiz Features Writer to join our features team.
We are looking for a dynamic reporter with expert knowledge of the biggest celebs, both in the UK and the US, who will write long, in-depth pieces about everyone’s favourite stars.
You’ll have a keen interest in everything happening on the small screen, including reality shows, true-crime documentaries and soaps. You will be full of ideas about the shows everyone is already binge-watching and ahead of the curve with the ones we will be raving about in weeks to come.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a trained digital journalist, with knowledge of SEO and social media, to join a fast-paced online newsroom.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What does the role involve?
- Generate and writing in-depth features about the biggest celebrities.
- Pitching ideas around anniversaries and key events.
- Use your contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news stories.
- Push content via Facebook and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy.
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of competitors.
- Monitor Twitter for content.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- An experienced journalist with strong original ideas.
- A strong interest in the world of celebrity and a passion for TV.
- PR contacts to secure interviews.
- NCTJ qualified or equivalent with a good understanding of journalism law.
- The role is currently Working From Home. WFH on a longer-term basis will be considered but some office time may be needed in future.
What can we offer you?
We are offering:
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support.
- Lots of high street discounts.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.