Staff Product Designer - Long Form Content and News
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are:
We’re guiding hundreds of millions of people each month to the content and creators they care about - and with your contributions, we’ll make it even faster, easier, and more fun to find out what matters most right now.
The Emerging Businesses team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team, focused on empowering writers, publishers and content creators to participate and thrive in public conversation. We seek to give them the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers. We want to provide solutions that enable them to reach their objectives by connecting them with the right audience via the public conversation.
Who You Are:
Do you have a passion for problem solving and user-centered design? Love using Twitter? Come help us make Twitter awesome for the millions of people that rely on our service everyday. As a member of the Twitter Design team, you’ll work closely with other Designers, Researchers, and our Product and Engineering teams to bring consistency, simplicity, and ease-of-use to the Twitter experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and drive new strategies along with product managers, design leadership, research and data science.
- Design, prototype, and develop elegant solutions focused on building products and services for writers and publications to create.
- Conceive innovative concepts, prototype and iterate to push the boundaries of user interface design and the writer space.
- Deep product and systems thinker who loves untangling complex problems and is able to think about global implications and cultural nuances.
- Strong ability and passion on delivering designs that can scale not just across platforms but also internationally and across user types.
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our research team, and refine designs with data and customer feedback.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Twitter app and website.
- Evangelize best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Mentor other designers.
- Act as project lead, leading numerous workstreams within a focus area.
- Passion for building products like publishing platforms, editors for writers, content management systems, news reading apps, curation tools.
- 5-7+ years experience designing and building products for mobile & desktop experiences.
- Expert at designing and building products for mobile & desktop experiences.
- Demonstrate ability to tackle complex problems and be able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a strong ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Experience being a design lead who leads large projects and direct/mentor other designers.
- Passion for identifying and solving customer problems.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Skilled with Figma (or Sketch) and prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Comfortable presenting and working with senior executives.
A few other things we value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Want more Staff Product Designer - Long Form Content and News jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.