Social Media Editor - Spain
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
TikTok's UK & EU Marketing team is looking for an Editor to support the Spanish market, as part of the social media team.
Reporting to the Editor-In-Chief, the Editor will be the voice of Spain for TikTok. They will develop an unmistakable entertainment style through compelling publishing (content and copy) across TikTok's own social media channels. The successful applicant will be obsessed with culture, especially in music, entertainment, sports and gaming, as well as having a deep understanding of the internet and meme subculture.
The Editor will be a social media ninja, understanding all aspects of paid and organic social, and how to deploy every format tactically to capture attention, create conversation and fuel word of mouth. The Editor will be given creative freedom across social media and the internet, seeing it as a sandbox for new ways to tell stories that connect to niche and scaled audiences alike.
TikTok is one of the fastest moving companies in the world and the Editor will thrive in moving at the speed of the app, breaking entertaining stories on a daily basis.
- Flawless execution of social media content marketing from checking and checking again all copy and content, to on-going testing and improving via social media publishing tools.
- Own and update the market's editorial calendar, be immersed in the business to understand all needs as well as culture to see how to remix the two things together for great storytelling opportunities.
- A huge team player, keeping across XFN requests and reporting them back into daily newsroom meetings as potential concepts.
- The expert in social media, understand every feature in paid and organic social and be a champion for innovation in the team.
- The #1 resource for culture in the market, staying on top of trends in key verticals, spotting influential stories and posts as they break and having a great POV for how to remix it.
- Fountain of knowledge for the team, constantly sharing things that should make us jealous from other brands and industries.
- Use social listening to uncover insights to turn into fun new stories.
- Metric obsessive, one eye on all key KPIs from growth to engagement, highlight needs and address them with speed and attention to make sure every single post is a winner.
- Editorial and social (paid and organic) background a must.
- At least 5-7 years of overall experience.
- Experience in cultural marketing preferred.
- Track record of breaking social media stories in real-time.
- Track record of great social projects which have created conversation and broken into the cultural zeitgeist.
- Ability to speak / write fluently in English and Spanish.
- Obsessed with the detail, with strong analytical skills.
- An expert in social media, across all major platforms.
- Familiar with TikTok community and shows a deep understanding of the content ecosystem and its role in culture today.
- Strong project management skills and comfortable in communicating across timezone.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Want more Social Media Editor - Spain jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.