Social Media Editor-In-Chief - UK & Europe
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok's UK & EU Marketing team is looking for an Editor-In-Chief to run the editorial operation in its social media team.
Reporting to the Head of Social, the newly opened role will play a pivotal role in building TikTok's brand and voice by developing an unmistakable entertainment style.
The successful applicant will be obsessed with culture both within TikTok and outside of it, and understand how to tell authentic stories that connect to subcultures and communities.
The Editor-In-Chief will have a strong editorial background with a vision for how to plan and program narratives that run through social media and unravel the universe of TikTok.
As well as the art and craft of storytelling, The Editor-In-Chief will be an expert in the science of social media and know how to use all of the formats across paid and organic to distribute stories with high impact and attention.
TikTok is one of the fastest moving companies in the world and you will need to thrive in moving at the speed of the app, dropping stories that connect to culture on a daily basis.
The Editor-In-Chief will be a rock and role model for a team of editors across UK, DE, FR, IT, ES and RU, inspiring them through a bold vision, focus on detail and unlimited creativity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Owner of the culture engine, a storytelling unit that makes and breaks culture through social / media daily news
- Foster an obsession with culture and storyhunting, connect the dots between the memes within the app and what's happening in the real world, keep the team's attention on the key beats from an influencer KOL tweet through to breaking news in key verticals (sports, entertainment, music and gaming)
- Interpret signals from the app and culture, turn them into brand narrative opportunities
- Coach the team to move from content calendars to editorial roll-outs which land stories with context and meaning, drive relevance through entertaining experiences
- The final quality check and sign off for all content and copy in social across UK & Europe, deliver the best possible consumer experience and premium connected user journeys
- Senior level point of contact for Content Ops, User Growth, P&C, Comms, Music and Employer Branding to land integrated concepts and through the line storytelling
- Drive a positive competitive team spirit focused on key growth and engagement metrics, champion the wins, acknowledge the losses, address short term results to improve long term health
- Collaborate with high empathy for the greater good of the business, make the big moments bigger, high five XFN teammates
- Editorial and social (paid and organic) background a must, ideally for a big entertainment company or publisher
- At least 7-10 years of overall experience
- Experience in cultural marketing preferred
- Track record of breaking social media stories in real-time
- Track record of great editorial projects which have created conversation and broken into the cultural zeitgeist
- Ability to speak / write fluently in both English and another European language is preferred
- Obsessed with the detail, with strong analytical skills
- Risen through the ranks so understands how to get the job done and has empathy for the workload of the team
- Familiar with TikTok community and shows a deep understanding of the content ecosystem and its role in culture today
- Lives in the moment, thrives on deadline, fast, but measured and composed in execution
-Deep understanding of mobile internet and the competitive landscape of TikTok
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Want more Social Media Editor-In-Chief - UK & Europe jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Social Media Director jobs, Deputy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.