Social Editor - UNILAD
As a Social Editor you will be responsible for delivering the news to our vast audience 24/7. You will know what they want to hear, how they want to hear it, and when they want to hear it. Building a daily schedule based on what news is happening that day, what original stories we are using and what stories our community have to tell.
You will be responsible for packaging, posting and measuring success of articles and using that knowledge to continually improve and target wider audiences. Sitting as a key member of our growing UNILAD team this role is vital is the performance of our site and offer some excellent learning and progression opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Posts articles on Facebook & Twitter.
- Packages articles – creating captions, titiles and thumbnails.
- Advises on Instagram stories article posts.
- Sourcing existing news stories.
- Sourcing original stories from various sources.
- Measuring success of articles – looking into the data analytics of performance.
- Controlling overall article schedule.
- Scheduling overnight articles.
- Assisting and advising on on-site video best practice.
- Targeting wider audiences.
What do you need to have done before?
- Social media experience – preferably from a publishing background.
- A passion for news and stories & a proven track record of reporting breaking news.
- Extensive experience in social media management/digital marketing experience.
- Proven track record of driving traffic to websites.
- Demonstrable editorial creativity.
- Analytical – being able to recognise data driven feedback.
- Clear understanding of Facebook and its algorithm.
- Journalism degree or equivalent.
- Basic photoshop knowledge.
- Proven track record of growing social channels.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Want more Social Editor - UNILAD jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.