Senior UX/UI Designer
Ted's Guide to what the Senior UX/UI Designer does around here....
Ted's Mission Statement:
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted's high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: 'Would Ted do it that way?'
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Ted Baker are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer with exceptional talent to join our eCommerce team in London. Reporting to the Head of Digital Product - eCommmerce & UX, you will be working closely with various teams across the business to lead the online user experience for Ted Baker digital.
- Deliver UX and UI for Ted Baker's digital platforms, including producing wireframes, prototypes, UI kit and all functional designs.
- Partner with the Digital Product Manager, CRO Manager, SEO Specialist and the development team to ensure design ideas are achievable, building development considerations into your decisions..
- In conjunction with the Head of Creative and Digital Product Manager, develop and manage the new digital UI library, ensuring any changes are rolled out across all touchpoints and maintain consistency across Ted's online touch points.
- Develop understanding of the Ted brand and business priorities to deliver a performant website that embodies the brand, working closely with stakeholders across Creative and eCommerce.
- Own accessibility for Ted Baker, ensuring output is meeting our minimum standard and working with creative and product briefs to ensure compliance.
- Develop processes to validate ideas with internal stakeholders, customers and end-users.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, using data to make informed design decisions that deliver on the brief.
- Demonstrate understanding of website requirements, their nuances and how to design to meet multiple briefs (such as SEO, conversion, inspiration).
- Show passion for and understanding of digital and the nature of digital design and the continuous optimisation cycle of review, iterate, test, review and so on.
- Excellent designer with previous UX/UI experience and clear career progression.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, keeping a cool head when managing multiple projects.
- Able to use information from multiple sources to make decisions.
- Good and clear communicator at all levels, with the ability to tailor communication depending on the audience.
- Building effective working relationships across the business.
- Positive outlook and proactive approach to problem solving, with examples of using initiative.
Tools of the trade…
- Evidence of exceptional UX and UI design ability and experience developing low and high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes based on research, and delivering functional designs for handover to development teams.
- Experience designing for accessibility guidelines.
- Mac literate with excellent skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 and responsive web design.
- Experience working with development teams.
Ted's Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always.
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity.
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication.
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration.
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed.
- Take ownership, be accountable.
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies.
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Want more Senior UX/UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.