Senior UX Designer, Channel Digital
Marcom is Apple’s European Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Every day millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel is made up of a large number of third-party retailers and carrier partners selling our products across Europe, and they play a hugely important role for Apple.
The Channel team in Marcom EU drive initiatives to provide our customers with thoughtful, engaging and seamless experiences of our products in these channel environments. We seek outstanding strategic design thinking and a demonstrable expertise in e-commerce and digital product solutions that are tailored for physical retail environments to support the consumer’s omni-channel shopping journey. We look for work that shows attention to detail in every aspect and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking; clearly articulating the problem and rationale for design solutions. We seek someone who brings ideas to the table, but also collaborates effectively with producers, copywriters, art directors and developers, to develop clear proposals for UX solutions. You are comfortable with ambiguous requirements, able to handle projects with greater autonomy, lead UX designers on focused projects, and present work up to executive leadership. Does this sound like you?
- Significant experience in user experience design and have validated conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Your capabilities engender confidence that assignments are on track and on strategy.
- A flexible approach with the ability to cut through ambiguity.
- You possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills to articulately express the rationale behind design decisions.
- You can present and articulate the vision in a purposeful and thoughtful way, have an eye for detail, and an excellent sense of aesthetics and functionality.
- Proficient in analytics, usability tests, various forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback, and able to distil data to formulate insights that drive design decisions.
- Extensive experience with consumer facing digital products and B2B platform design; from large-scale workflow solutions to bespoke, niche design.
- Shown success in strategic and design thinking to launch digital products that reach global audiences and are crafted to scale; while considering the outstanding needs of specific demographics.
- Capable of working within constraints to transform sophisticated requirements into simple solutions that meet business and consumer needs.
- Strong understanding of typical time and resources needed in order to produce extraordinary work.
- You have strong familiarity with current web and app development technologies.
- You demand difference and innovate down to the details.
- Minimum or most typical requirements, knowledge or experience.
- BA in design related subject area, with significant relevant (agency and in-house e-commerce) experience specialising in direct or indirect channel experiences, brand, and visual design for the web and iOS devices.
- Experience in e-commerce, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication, as well as familiarity with development and engineering environments and workflows.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work, with a focus on user-centred design.
- Solid knowledge of the requirements to produce quality work on time, and to specification, and experience using prototyping as part of their design thinking.
- Ideal candidate has experience working in the multi-brand or omni-channel space.
Scope Of Duties And Responsibilities Include:
- Presents work to internal teams and leaders at Apple, clearly articulating design rationale.
- Collaborates within the UX team by working reciprocally and sharing standard methodologies.
- Produces clear UX documentation including benchmarking, flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Iterates rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change to meet the needs of the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to use analytics and user testing to advise the creative process.
- Provides UX direction to a broad audience and contributes at a high level during all phases of an interactive project.
- Able to influence and gain alignment from others while being accountable for bringing critical thinking and product design strategy into projects.
- Manages and builds positive relationships across subject areas with designers, developers, product teams, and cross functional partners.
- Functions as a lead on projects and provides mentorship to UX Designers, vendors, and contractors.
Want more Senior UX Designer, Channel Digital jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.