Senior UI Designer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Group Product Design team at Sky spends every day creating forward-thinking customer products and services across the Group Product portfolio. As well as transforming the OTT experience across Europe, evolving the Sky Q set-top box interface, and continuing to develop our market-leading digital News and Sports products, we have bold and revolutionizing plans for the future. A team of forward-thinking design specialists working across multiple channels – we’re shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Lead UI Group Sky in crafting the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking UI direction for Sky, ensuring it’s in line with wider product and brand strategies and constantly breaking new ground.
- Lead by example by setting a benchmark for what good looks like through clarity and an innovative approach to your creative output.
- Be a champion for creative thinking throughout the team and mentor less experienced team members.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UI and technology trends.
- Work with our content editors and commercial teams to ensure our business obligations are met whilst never compromising on the user experience.
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design.
- Collaborate with design and development teams to build new experiences and evolve patterns.
- Work with partner groups at product owner, and senior manager level.
What you’ll bring:
- Extensive experience with a specific focus on UI/Graphic Design, or a Bachelors degree in a Design related discipline.
- Experience in similar large media company or a design agency.
- Thorough understanding of visual and user-centered design, and how design can meet brand, business and strategic objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organisation.
- Strong background in interpreting briefs and translating sometimes challenging business objectives into designs which meet customer needs.
- As obsessed with the finer detail as they are with the creative vision. Striving to deliver pixel perfect designs, that deliver.
- A keen interest in current trends in design and communications and the ability to spot opportunities.
- Proficient with the latest tools and software such as Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Motion/Interaction design experience an advantage.
Experience designing for TV an advantage, but not essential.
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place.
- A generous pension package.
- Private healthcare.
- Discounted mobile and broadband.
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Want more Senior UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.