Senior Pipeline Td
About The Role:
Our Pipeline team is the absolute spine of our studio, being so crucial to every production we produce. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Pipeline TD to join us as we continue to grow and welcome more incredible animated shows to work on.
As a Senior Pipeline TD you’ll be responsible for implementing, improving and supporting production and artist workflows, to better function for the wider studio across a range of different animated shows.
Due to the current government guidelines on the continuing pandemic, all job opportunities we offer will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
Day to Day:
- Hands-on implementation in design, scheduling, and build of our “next generation” USD-based pipeline, whilst ensuring a smooth transition from our current pipeline.
- Develop the pipeline tools to cater to our studio’s shortform, episodic, and feature animation project needs.
- Devise methods to increase efficiency and utilization to fit with global strategy.
- Help resolve technical issues that have been escalated within the team.
- Lead development of additional tools to be used in DCC software programmes.
- Lead development of additional standalone automation tools.
- Ensure departments are using the pipeline tools effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient at programming in Python & C++.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of feature film animation pipelines.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Maya & Houdini.
- Understanding of software development tools - Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code.
- Understanding of source control (Github).
- Proactive approach to researching & adopting new tools and video review/proofing software tools.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies, task management tools (Jira/Asana/Wrike) & asset tracking systems (Ftrack/Shotgun).
- Ability to mentor the rest of the team to increase productivity, trust and respect.
- Motivate the team through executive presence.
- Support the CTO in encouraging team development through giving accountability and delegation.
- Support the CTO in encouraging a collaborative team approach to all aspects of work.
- Strong problem-solving skills devising elegantly creative solutions or workarounds.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Extremely good organisation skills when juggling multiple projects and priorities belonging to different stakeholders.
- Very clear, efficient, and effective communication skills.
- Proactive and positive approach to resolving issues under pressure.
- Excellent English writing skills for creating and reviewing easy to understand documentation.
- Production experience of Ftrack, Redshift3D, USD & Realtime technologies.
- Worked within animation, VFX or games industry previously.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world. Blue Zoo believes that a healthy balance in our lives - whatever our situation - is key to supporting the wellbeing of our staff. We offer flexible working to support this.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more Senior Pipeline Td jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, Digital Technical Executive jobs, Digital Technical Manager jobs, Technical Manager jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.