Senior Manager, Digital Design
I Feel Really Lucky To Be Surrounded By Such A Great Team. I’m Not Only Grateful That They’ve Helped Me Achieve My Goals, But Also That I Can Give Them A Place Where They Can Achieve Theirs.
Digital commerce is critical to the future success of Michael Kors. The brand is committed to delivering a best in class customer experience that underpins global revenues of €0.5bn from digital channels over the next few years.
Central to that growth is the Digital Design team that sits within the Digital Commerce & Consumer Marketing department located in London (UK). Established in 2016 the department has undergone rapid expansion as it strives to deliver an aggressive roadmap alongside equally aggressive revenue aspirations.
The Digital Design team currently manage eight localized transactional websites, servicing 50 countries (and growing) including UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Russia, India, UAE, South Africa and more.
Leveraging and coordinating with our parent organization located in New York (USA), the department is a fast-paced, ‘can-do’, entrepreneurial environment that is rewarding for those accomplished leaders who are team-players, willing to take ownership and be both very hands-on and strategic at the same time.
Who You Are:
- An outstanding graphic designer excelling in combining photography, typography and product to create contemporary, elevated layouts.
- A strong leader who can present and drive forward ideas and projects amongst a large group of stakeholders.
- Able to balance both creative and commercial needs, creating designs that successfully meet business objectives and feedback.
- Naturally process-driven and methodical as well as having a creative flair.
- A big-picture thinker whilst having meticulous attention to detail.
- Passionate about fashion and content creation, immersing yourself in the brand, products and stories each season.
- Extremely organised and comfortable with project managing, operational tasks and planning.
- A hands-on manager who can support the team with any task.
- A mentor to designers, encouraging a collaborative approach and nurturing individual skills.
- Have a passion for creative tasks as well as more technical UI/UX projects.
- Have the ability to create concepts from scratch but also follow strict brand guidelines and templates.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple tight deadlines and priorities.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the lead and main contact for all EMEA creative requests, coordinating projects from start to finish.
- Work with cross-functional teams to translate business and marketing objectives in to clear design briefs.
- Be responsible for producing and refreshing assets for all digital touchpoints including site, email, digital marketing, acquisition and retail marketing.
- Be responsible for creating templates and components that are easily scalable and rolling these out across the EMEA region, translating material for multiple languages and localizing where necessary.
- Provide concise, timely and constructive feedback/approval at all stages of design from conception, to layout, to art working, production and building.
- Work with the development teams to QA assets and ensure they are pixel perfect before going live.
- When required, develop and shoot creative still life photography that aligns with global campaigns.
- Be responsible for maintaining brand consistency across all regions and channels, ensuring campaigns follow global seasonal brand and imagery guidelines.
- Ensure the team works efficiently and hits all deadlines, without compromising on quality.
- Develop relationships and partner with key teams in both the London office and HQ including Site Merchandising, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, Translations, Web Production, Creative Services and Fashion Office.
- Support the Product and Delivery team with the continuous development of new features and functionality, helping to improve customer experience and participating in UAT.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar role, ideally in fashion retail.
- BA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Exceptional skills in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS.
We’d Love to See:
- A clear, confident communicator and problem solver.
- Experience in art directing, shooting and editing photography.
- A good understanding of consumer marketing, content planning, branding and story telling.
- A self-motivated, proactive leader, who has a sense of urgency.
- A great team player and collaborator, with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V.
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V.
Michael Kors is a world-renowned, award-winning designer of luxury accessories and ready-to-wear. His namesake company, established in 1981, currently produces a range of products under Michael Kors Collection, MICHAEL Michael Kors and Michael Kors Mens, including accessories, ready-to-wear, footwear, wearable technology, watches, jewelry, and a full line of fragrance products. Michael Kors stores are operated in the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Rio de Janeiro. In addition, Michael Kors operates digital flagships across North America, Europe and Asia, offering customers a seamless omni-channel experience.
At the center of it all, is a designer who has created an enduring and iconic luxury lifestyle empire with a distinctive point of view and global reach. Michael Kors has a sharp focus on providing his customers with accessories and clothes that are consistently polished, chic, relaxed and glamorous. Kors has also been the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades within the fashion industry, been honored for his philanthropy, and earned the respect and affection of millions.
The fashion designer also focuses on giving back. For more than 25 years he has been a passionate supporter of God’s Love We Deliver, a New York-based non-profit organization that cooks and delivers nutritious meals to people living with serious illnesses in and around New York City. Continuing his philanthropic efforts, in 2013 Michael Kors launched “Watch Hunger Stop,” partnering with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to help fight world hunger. Proceeds from annual special-edition products, as well as from other targeted initiatives, help provide food to children through WFP’s school meals program. To date, Michael Kors has helped WFP deliver over twenty million meals (and counting) to hungry children.
Want more Senior Manager, Digital Design jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.