We’re an independent, award-winning, design-focused creative agency.
We work with high-profile, global brands such as The Glenlivet, Havana Club & Chivas, Corona, Budweiser, Mikes Seltzer, Nature Valley, Ugg, Unicef, Danone, and a bunch of others.
We’re pretty good at what we do. In 2018 we won five Agency of The Year(s) including The Drum DADI Agency of the Year. We were also shortlisted as Campaign Independent Agency of the Year. And, this year made it onto the Campaign Mag 100 best places to work.
Next, we have our sights set on a D&AD and/or Cannes Lion this year.
There are about 30 of us (not including the dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious, and do great work.
We’re also 70% female with a 50/50 gender split on the senior team. We proudly have 100% pay parity, and it kind of annoys us that we even have to mention that as something that’s unique within this industry.
We gladly do things differently. We’re super ambitious, brutally honest, and always deliver.
We don’t really like the ‘Old Guard’ of advertising. Working here is a hell of a lot of fun.
This is a growing agency, we’re looking for a Senior Designer who wants to be part of and help drive that growth.
Your primary goal is to ensure Impero’s design work continues to be the award-winning work we are infinitely proud of.
This means bringing the highest level of technical skills and ownable styles to the table. You should be willing to try new things, learn new skills, and break norms. You’ll inspire other team members to produce equally great work.
Senior Designers should be proficient at handling design software and are confident to create concepts and visualise the idea. You should not only be able to handle client meetings, and receive briefs (written and verbal) and understand how their design work fits into the broader picture of the client’s brand communications.
Senior Designers should have initiative. Whether it’s to pick up management responsibilities, suggest new ways to improve workflows, or just ensure the team’s wellbeing.
Seniors should have good relationships with the rest of their team members, and be able to assimilate jobs down to them. You must also be a team player — sometimes you will need to support the juniors in their day-to-day work, or make a round of tea. You should also be able to comfortably work with other departments, supporting or leading where necessary. You must be a good communicator.
Your Goals For Year One:
- Be involved in one award-winning project.
- Be involved in three pitch wins.
- Be design lead on two projects, and present the work to our clients.
- Receive 80% positive feedback in your annual 360° review.
The Perks Of Working At The Mighty Impero Include:
- To be part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
- Flexible working.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – and not just be a cog in the machine.
- Free snacks and coffee.
- Regular breakfasts with the whole team.
- Seasonal company parties.
- Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth.
- The love of seven rotating office dogs.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
- Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
- Beer. Gin. Rum. Cognac. Whiskey. Snacks. (Working with our clients has added perks).
This is an awesome place to work. We are in control of our own destiny. But it means we’re the only ones that can deliver it. We’re all massively ambitious and hard-working, plus we’re a lot of fun.
We all get along, there is no politics, just heaps of passion. We’re the creative industry’s new guard. And it’s awesome.
If you feel this is the role for you, please get in touch via email with Senior Designer as the subject line. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
NO Agencies please – we already work with loads.
We receive so many wonderful applications that we can’t respond to everyone so thank you in advance for your application.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.