Senior CG Artist Automotive
SB is an award-winning Creative Production Studio with an international reach that produces beautiful imagery and motion content for Brands and advertising agencies.
We were the original pioneers of digital retouching in 1991, and one of the very first post-production studios to fully harness the potential of CGI and develop in-house capability. Today, we continue to innovate and stretch creative and technical boundaries, with fully integrated production that encompasses everything from CGI and motion to VFX and shoot production.
- Take the lead on projects, working directly with Client Creatives and Photographers to realise their vision and that of the SB Creative Directors.
- Develop creative techniques and confidently directing the ‘look’ of projects.
- Be accountable for quality control and the creative execution within set deadlines, of the projects you are involved in.
- Identify tools, software, hardware and efficiency workflows for cg processes, and for retouching /compositing integration, adding value and quality to work produced. Identity areas of strength and weakness in production pipeline and championing software testing and development.
- Assist in task assignment, mentoring & critiquing of more junior CG artists. Work positively towards team motivation and cohesion and the generally nurture junior talent and foster a culture of openness and development ensuring smart working practices.
- Participate in client interactions representing SB for project scoping, creative reviews and project debriefings.
- Work with Project Managers to document project specifics, workflow setups and configurations or all project assets.
- Project estimating & pitch collaboration with project stakeholders, contributing to work plans to outline timings, technical requirements and project logistics with the aim of maximising the quality of deliverables and potential profit margins.
- Support on-set productions for location and studio photography liaising with the art director, photographer, support team and client. Provide feedback on asset measurement and capture.
- Key Software to a high standard: Maya & Nuke.
- Self-driven with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on image quality.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality automotive visuals for stills and animations.
- Full understanding of automotive photographic lighting, cameras and lenses.
- Full knowledge of various CG lighting techniques and styles.
- Extensive understanding of shaders and ability to create custom shaders.
- Experience in leading projects and managing teams.
- 4 years + proven experience working within CG Production team in a multi disciplinary, fast moving company.
Want more Senior CG Artist Automotive jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, CG Lighter jobs, CG Modeller jobs, CG Painter jobs, CG Renderer jobs, CG Textures jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.