Senior 2D Background Artist
About The Role:
We are looking for some talented and creative 2D Background Artists to join the studio, who will be creating background artwork for an exciting 2D animated project!
We anticipate the contracts to start in March 2021.
Day to Day:
- Use your talent and skill to digitally paint visually stunning backgrounds in the required style.
- Collaborate with the background team to ensure all backgrounds are consistent in style and delivered on time.
- Regularly communicate with your team members about best practices and upcoming deliveries.
- Organise and prepare your own files/work.
- Strong digital painting skills.
- An excellent sense of colour and lighting.
- Ability to convey mood, atmosphere and light through colour.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop.
- Good Photoshop working practices e.g. file and layers organisation.
- Good communication skills.
- An enthusiasm to share ideas and practices with colleagues.
- Able to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback.
- Can work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Experience working on a 2D animated production, producing final background images, or other similar industry experience.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more Senior 2D Background Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, 2D Animator jobs, CG Painter jobs, Digital Painter jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.