Product Designer (UX/UI Designer)
Hello, we're Just Eat, part of Just Eat Takeaway.com. We operate a leading global hybrid marketplace for online food delivery, providing millions of customers with an easy and secure way to order and pay for their favourite food from tens of thousands of Restaurant Partners.
Our people are the heart of our business and they make Just Eat the great company it is. We are committed to bringing emerging talent into our business, as well as retaining and developing our existing colleagues, with the potential to be tomorrow’s leaders of Just Eat.
Over the past year, we have been working incredibly hard to transform our products and services to make them better than ever before - and we are just getting started. Now, we are looking for a talented and motivated Product Designer to join our team of problem solvers and innovators!
At Just Eat Takeaway, we work in cross-functional teams made up of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. The way we work is collaborative and fast-paced. We want to discover what our users will love as soon as we can. We like to explore problems in-depth and we like to get our users in to speak with us every few weeks, to explore what we are working on and help us understand their needs.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who can take our products to the next level – someone who can create simple and intuitive user experiences.
While much of your time will be spent working directly on problems, you will also be joining a team of 40 creatives, made up Product Designers, UX Designers, UI Designers, User Researchers and Copywriters.
If you are keen to join a growing and successful company and want to see your work help millions of people, please get in touch.
We think this job might be for you if:
- You care about creating great solutions that delight and inspire users.
- You like working alongside agile teams with Product Managers and Engineers to create inspiring solutions.
- You like working on problems, rather than features.
- You are keen to have users view your ideas, concepts and work regularly.
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- You like working client-side but are keen to see your work released quickly and regularly.
- Create seamless & innovative solutions - You focus on key user problems and come up with innovative and beautiful solutions while empowering consumers to love their takeaway experience. You own every aspect of the product’s design, from solving the core user problem to shipping a well-tested and pixel perfect UI.
- Own every aspect of the product’s design - You work across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery and create documentation, wireframes, prototypes and pixel perfect UI. You create hi- and lo-fi prototypes that can be validated with users and are able to communicate the detail of these interactions to developers.
- Research - You have a strong working knowledge of research methods and can conduct research and usability studies in conjunction with UX Researchers.
- Data-driven - You use qualitative and quantitative data to influence their work. In conjunction with the Product Manager, you measure and monitor the performance of the products you work on.
- Communicate - You transparently communicate on your progress and you discuss ideas with your cross-functional team. You present well both within the Design team and to non-creative stakeholders.
- Teamwork - You take a collaborative approach and foster strong working relationships with your team, and with people in the wider Just Eat team, learning from them.
Required skills and experience:
Your Profile & Experience:
- Experience in a UX/UI design role.
- Experience in designing and shipping consumer products or products for businesses.
- Experience working in agile/sprint-based environments.
- Proven experience in regard to collaboration/projects with the product, research, and tech teams.
- Experience designing user interfaces for both one app platform (iOS or Android) and responsive web.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and component libraries.
- High fidelity prototyping skills (Axure, Principle, Framer etc.).
- Comfortable presenting to larger audiences and senior stakeholders.
- Experience with workshop facilitation and design sprints.
- Ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems, and proactively contribute to the objectives of the business.
Why work at Just Eat Takeaway.com?
Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
Want more Product Designer (UX/UI Designer) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.