Previs/Rough Layout Artist (Feature Animation)
DNEG’s Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our Rough Layout Artists to create shots and sequences, telling the story through the application of both traditional and CG filmmaking principles. Working alongside our team of Rough Layout Artists, you’ll establish camera position, camera movement and character blocking.
- Experience in a Rough Layout or Previsualisation role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and debugging.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong emphasis on visual storytelling, including composition and staging.
- Knowledge of cameras, lenses and Cinematography.
- Showreel featuring Feature Animation work.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and experience in Editing.
- An understanding of Lighting techniques.
- An interest & experience in Photography.
- Experience of Unreal Engine or other real-time rendering softwares.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Technically adept.
- Team oriented.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to take direction.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Want more Previs/Rough Layout Artist (Feature Animation) jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Layout Supervisor jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.