Mixed Methods UX Researcher
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
We're looking for an experienced Mixed Methods Researcher specializing in quantitative and qualitative methods (mixed methods) with a strong skill set in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics. The candidate will drive valuable insights into users and influencers, social media trends, and product opportunities for key European markets.
As a Mixed Methods Researcher, you will support the entire research process, collaborating closely with TikTok's Strategy, Content Programming, Operations, and Data Analytics teams to influence key strategies and execution decisions. You will help define future features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process and develop the most useful product experiences for a global audience.
The right candidates will be an excellent communicator and knowledgeable about a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, passionate about technology, short form video and social networks, comfortable in a fast-moving startup culture, excited to collaborate and motivated to build a video-sharing platform for all.
- Act as the main European point of contact for evaluative research; lead research that explores future uses of social media in light of possible technology innovation and changes and market dynamics.
- You will collaborate with general management, strategy, operations, analytics and data science to influence product innovation.
- Share findings to diverse audiences through written reports, in-person presentations, and creative design tools and assets for stakeholders to use.
- Present research findings and strong recommendations to stakeholders in Europe, the US and China.
- 5+ years of experience in applied quantitative/qualitative research
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- A range of experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, which may include interviews, survey design, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, design research methods, response effects and diary studies.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Fluency in English
Even Better If:
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Fluency in German, French or another Euopean language is a plus!
- Experience integrating user research into product strategy and operations.
- Design thinking methods, co-design sessions, and facilitation skills.
- Strong passion in social app products, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends
Want more Mixed Methods UX Researcher jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.