Mid weight Graphic Designer
Ted's guide to what the Mid-weight Graphic Designer does around here
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Reporting into the Head of Creative, you’ll be working alongside other designers and copywriters, while collectively working with the wider Creative team. You’ll be responsible for generating conceptual ideas and polished executions that meet Ted’s exacting standards.
Working closely with the Customer teams, you’ll need to know the ins and outs of design best practice and how to create engaging concepts that are on brief, on brand and on time. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment - having the ability to work on multiple briefs and confidently presenting ideas back to the business.
Ted’s looking for someone that brings real energy and confidence to the business with a proactive approach to pushing the brand’s creativity further. Above all, you’ll need to be a guardian of what makes something ‘Ted’, delivering engaging and clever ideas that reflect and enhance the brand in global markets.
- POS, in-store graphics and signage.
- Promotional and seasonal campaign graphics.
- Product branding and packaging.
- Concepting window displays.
- Marketing collateral.
- Concept generation.
Tools of the Trade…
- A strong level of experience within Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) with a solid understanding of microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Excellent skills in typography and image composition.
- Highly experienced in ideas generation with strong visualisation skills.
- Good understanding of print and production processes.
- Able to follow a project from brief to final artwork.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time and organise briefs.
- Maintaining brand consistency and quality across all projects.
- Proactive, focused, enthusiastic team player that performs well under pressure.
- Receptive to new ideas and direction.
- Interest in current and future design trends.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Committed and hard working.
- Effective communication and organisation skills.
Ted’s Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always.
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity.
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication.
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration.
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed.
- Take ownership, be accountable.
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies.
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Want more Mid weight Graphic Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Art Department Assistant jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.