Managing Editor Acta Psychologica
Do you have a genuine interest in science and are you looking to start your career in Publishing? Then this might be your opportunity to join us as a Managing Editor!
Elsevier’s Life Sciences publishing division is seeking a Managing Editor to work on the Gold Open Access journal, Acta Psychologica, and its ecosystem of complementary journals. We are ideally looking for an individual with a background in psychology (or related discipline), an interest in scientific publishing, and excellent analytical and communication skills to work on a variety of key journal initiatives. This is a superb opportunity for a highly motivated and creative individual to play a critical role in the further development of this newly redesigned flagship journal.
- To work with the Publishing team regarding identification, acquisition, management and development of high impact scientific content, helping to shape the editorial direction of journals.
- To establish and maintain close contacts with the scientific community in academia and industry, and to work directly with authors, reviewers and editors to help manage an efficient, rigorous and author-friendly peer review process which maintains high professional and scientific standards at a high volume.
- To explore innovations in scientific communication (such as different paper concepts, new applications and other tools).
- To act as the main point of contact between authors, reviewers, and editors during the peer review process.
- Working with external editors to triage submissions based on scope and journal standards.
- Advising and guiding Authors on their journey through the Acta Psychologica and related journal ecosystem to find the most suitable journal to publish their paper in.
- Monitoring and reporting on the peer review process, acting as a liaison between the external editors, authors/reviewers, and publishing colleagues.
- Building a network of editors, scientific reviewers, and authors in multiple sub-specialties.
- Managing the solicitation of journal content in high-interest fields, as well as new and emerging areas; commissioning review material and acquiring high impact content.
- Guiding editorial expansion/innovation in related fields.
- PhD in Psychology or related discipline.
- Understanding of academic publishing.
- Customer-focused, attentive.
- Able to work well in a collaborative environment and a drive to collaborate across multiple internal departments.
- Able to connect with a broad range of people as well as to work independently.
- Flexible, analytical and proactive and embraces change; able to think critically about a wide range of scientific issues.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications.
- Experience with authoring and the peer review process would be helpful.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
RELX is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
We help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives and insurance companies offer customers lower prices. We save taxpayers and consumers money by preventing fraud and help executives forge commercial relationships with their clients.
In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive.
Want more Managing Editor Acta Psychologica jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.