Lighting and Compositing Artist (Entry Level)
About The Role:
We are on the lookout for some talented and super keen Junior Lighting and Compositing artists for multiple high-end CG productions!
Our L&C artists are masters of mood, light and detail. Their day-to-day focuses on tailored render layers, artful colour grading and production deadlines, whilst meeting that all important brief from our Directors and Clients. They are also great collaborators, working as a team to share and develop their technical and artistic skills to deliver high quality content for our audiences.
We anticipate these roles to start in the New Year
Day to Day:
- Working as part of a team of lighting and compositing artists, and regularly communicating between your Team Lead and Supervisor
- Managing your shots and your time efficiently to meet those deadlines!
- Making sure your work is communicating clearly from blocking through to the final animation
- Acting on notes and feedback from your Directors and Supervisor
- Working to develop industry skills and knowledge both technical and creative
- Knowledge of atmospheric lighting, colour grading and denoising render
- Knowledge of Nuke as a tool to composite render layers
- Positive attitude and be eager to develop your skillset and learn from team members
- Ability to receive feedback and respond well to direction
- Enjoy being a team player and great collaborator
- Ability to work independently and be reliable
- Creative problem solving skills
- 2+ years animation production experience
- Knowledge of Python scripting
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers
- Online wellbeing programme
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years)
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more Lighting and Compositing Artist (Entry Level) jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, 3D Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, CG Lighter jobs, CG Renderer jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Compositor jobs, Lighting Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.