Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Independently deliver the creation of in-game lighting effects and successfully integrate content, in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Produce high quality lighting solutions through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints.
- Suggest standard artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game.
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work.
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work.
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required for the game.
- Collaborate with the Level Designers and Environment Artists to establish lighting and enhance gameplay.
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance.
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project.
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.).
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Good working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems.
- Knowledge of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems.
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows.
- Good knowledge of one or more offline rendering tools ( Vray, Arnold, Octane etc.).
- Knowledge of colour grading and other post process effects.
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce).
- Knowledge of workload management software/principles (e.g. Jira).
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 2 -3 years’ relevant experience in shading, texture special effects, image processing or other relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training.
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Benefits & Relocation:
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more.
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington from our website.
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more Lighting Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Digital Artist jobs, CG Lighter jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Lighting Supervisor jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.