Lead Character Artist
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture.
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long.
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results.
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small.
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft.
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision.
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset.
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow.
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise.
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer.
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner.
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines.
- Identify and set up best practices.
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project.
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work.
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team.
- Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning.
- Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource partner.
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints.
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer.
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of modelling techniques; to create graphic assets expected on the project.
- Good knowledge of texture mapping and material.
- Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
- Good knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce etc).
- Strong knowledge of shader and texture pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of production pipelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience.
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console.
- Bachelor’s degree in any art-based subject or any other relevant training.
Benefits & Relocation:
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more.
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington from our website.
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more Lead Character Artist jobs?
Want to find more 3D Modeller jobs, Digital Artist jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Designer jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.