Reporting to the Head of Knitwear, the Knitwear Designer is responsible for contributing to the design and creation of the seasonal knitwear collections from concept to completion. This role will be working closely with the whole team to ensure that the collections focus on sustainable, quality garments with a strong fashion statement.
- Design the knitwear working closely with the Head of Knitwear and the team to ensure the collection is balanced and cohesive throughout, meeting critical path deadlines.
- Develop detailed sketches as well as researching seasonal themes and inspirations, in collaboration with the Head of Knitwear.
- Stay up to date with current trends, innovations and technologies as well as go above and beyond to create and source new concepts.
- Work collaboratively with all key departments, including the Merchandising and Product Development, on new developments, artworks and designs for the collections.
- Work with the Head of Knitwear to implement colour palette seasonally as requested.
- Ensure that all sketches are defined and put into development each season.
- Work closely with the design assistants to ensure they are developed in their role.
- Participate in the fittings in-house.
- Establish effective constant working relationship with product development teams overseas.
- Strong sketch realisation.
- Proficient in fittings and confident in following through styles from sketch to production.
- Communicate daily with cross-functional partners, both internal and global.
- Support sample management and showroom set-up.
- Overseeing and supporting the updating of collection, style and mood boards on a regular basis.
- Handling the development of each garment before handing over to Production, working closely with the Product Development team, both in London and Italy, and occasionally with Pattern Cutters and Machinists in-house.
- Developing and creating new best sellers.
- Research and organising archive, ensuring a clear working environment in the design studio at all times.
- Travel when needed to support the business.
- Experience ideally gained in the luxury design industry.
- Can work effectively on several projects simultaneously.
- Goal oriented, result driven individual.
- Commercially minded, quickly responding to business/market needs.
- Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and an eye for detail.
- Impeccable presentation and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple teams and under pressure.
- High work ethic, integrity and reliability with a “Hands on” attitude.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to delegate.
- Comfortable working additional hours to perform duties, including weekends and also travel when necessary.
- Must have strong computer skills, particularly in Photoshop and Illustrator, but also including excel and power point
- Flexible to travel.
At Stella McCartney, we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment in which all of our voices are heard. Where people can work to their maximum potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and fair pay. For us, it is about appreciating what is different in others and also what we have in common. We hire people who want to change things, disrupt the norm, who are naturally confident with a positive attitude. Our decisions respect all people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, social or political belief, or world view.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.