Junior Video Producer - Dicebreaker
As a global pop culture events and media business, ReedPop has an extensive stable of respected editorial websites and video channels. These range from mainstream videogame brands to more specialist sites dedicated to PC gaming and board games. Our success has come from creating authoritative, trusted content for global audiences, whether that be via written word or video, or across any of our digital or live events.
Dicebreaker is our tabletop website and YouTube channel. This is a major brand in an exciting sector, and the right candidate will have a unique opportunity to contribute to this relatively new and ambitious team.
We are seeking a junior video producer to work as part of our video team focused mainly on our Dicebreaker YouTube channel, creating authoritative and entertaining videos that appeal to the established tabletop community and the wider YouTube audience. You will work closely with the Head of Video and Editor-In-Chief and, where appropriate, other video teams within ReedPop.
As well as being a 'face' of the video channel, you will work directly with the site editorial team, generating ideas and filming content that will appeal to a wide audience. The Junior Video Producer should be in tune with the games, experiences and culture of the tabletop gaming community and understand how best to cover it in a way that is personable and authoritative. The primary focus will be video and YouTube, but the team will also be streaming and making live appearances at our shows as well as other video platforms and events.
The ideal candidate will be capable of handling script writing, presenting and video editing. However, these duties will be shared and our team has the balance to adjust depending on your background and level of experience. We encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds: prior professional experience in either journalism or video is not essential, but you will need to have a demonstrable flair for communicating in video and an understanding of the current tabletop gaming scene.
While the position will initially be remote due to current lockdown restrictions, you will be expected to work from the Dicebreaker studio in Brighton on a daily basis once it is fully safe and suitable to return to the office.
- Creating video content and assets on YouTube and other video platforms, from scripting and capturing to editing and publishing.
- Hosting videos, both on-screen and off, as directed by the Head of Video.
- Creating video content in established formats to support site output.
- Developing new content types and coverage with the editorial team.
- Building relationships with tabletop designers and publishers to deliver relevant and timely videos, attending events in the UK and overseas as required.
- Growing the brand’s video audience and cultivating its unique tone and voice.
- Working to an agreed schedule and producing content on time and to budget, ensuring a balanced channel schedule.
- Analysing YouTube analytics and other data to track performance and refine best practice.
- Writing and publishing posts and video on the website CMS when required.
- Arranging and running live streams when required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to write and edit video scripts.
- Ability to host/present videos with natural flair and personality, from clear How to Play tutorials and informative list videos to personality-led Let’s Plays and streams
- Strong knowledge of tabletop games and culture, spanning board games, tabletop RPGs and trading card games
- The talent and enthusiasm to generate fresh ideas and tell new stories about tabletop games and tabletop gaming culture
- An ability to work under pressure, producing high quality content with a short turnaround.
- Excellent teamwork skills with a track record of collaboration.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in presenting to camera and/or public speaking.
- Experience of creating live streams, Let’s Plays and video feature content.
- Experience of filming and camera operation in studio and on site.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or comparable video and audio editing software.
- Experience of publishing to YouTube, and an understanding of the platform’s features and audience.
- A basic understanding of best practice in camera and lighting operation.
- Prior experience in specialist journalism.
- Experience of running a YouTube channel, proficiency with Creator Studio, Analytics and other publishing tools.
- Contacts in the tabletop space are an advantage, but not essential.
If you can demonstrate that you have the passion and knowledge to take on the video role described above, we’d love to hear from you!
While we welcome all applications, you must be able to include examples of your video work (most likely videos on a YouTube channel, probably?), or any other relevant material. This is the main thing we will be looking at to evaluate your application, along with your CV.
We have a Brighton UK office location, and this role can be based either there, or remotely from within the UK.
Please use the link below to create an account and apply via our corporate site.
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
Want more Junior Video Producer - Dicebreaker jobs?
Want to find more Video Designer jobs, Digital Producer jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.