Junior FX Artist
About The Role:
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Junior FX Artist to work on a wide variety of dynamic simulations. We need someone who is creative, a great collaborator and an excellent problem solver. The successful applicant will demonstrate thorough attention to detail, be super pro-active and able to quickly integrate and communicate well in a small team.
Day to Day:
- Create dynamic simulations like Water, Fire, Smoke, etc.
- Follow direction to create abstract effect.
- Work with tight schedules and deadlines.
- Flexibility working with multiple software packages.
- Be able to run or modify Procedural Asset.
- Render Out Previz Shots.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Participate in creative process to achieve abstract/ stylized FX.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Houdini.
- knowledge of Maya - Generalist knowledge is a plus.
- Creative with a good artistic eye.
- Good understanding of the entire visual effects process.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues, especially working between multiple packages.
- A working knowledge of at least one compositing application (e.g. Nuke) and a solid understanding of the composting process.
- Good communication skills.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Great team / collaborative work ethic.
- Willingness to take and act on feedback.
- Strong Problem solving and ability to work with tight schedule.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more Junior FX Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Digital Artist jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.