IoT World Today Reporter/ Assistant Editor
The IoT World Today reporter is responsible for generating IoT World Today’s news and analysis, with a specific focus on the Internet of Things and the attendant technologies required to build successful IoT environments.
The role requires someone who can identify industry trends/highlight key news while giving timely, insightful context of market trends for our core constituents: IoT pros, systems engineers, cloud architects, developers as well as IoT security pros and C-level executives. We are seeking a journalist with a solid grounding in next-generation technologies with the ability to talk fluently on industry trends.
While the daily focus of the role will be to distill complex issues into essential news bulletins and long-form journalism written with flair and insight, we are also looking for someone flexible enough to engage in infographics, podcasts and live events as required.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Producing both short and long form content that highlights IT pros’ opportunities and challenges.
- Generate stories by tapping your knowledge and network in markets, as well as Informa's rich data and analytics.
- Develop and maintain high-level network of contacts, from on-the-ground practitioners to C-level contacts.
- Develop a strong position for IoT World Today through social media, industry events and forums.
- Brief customers and internal teams on industry trends based on market intelligence and understanding of shipping data.
- Liaise with the wider business to disseminate information and help guide commercial and product development with market knowledge.
- Support the running and promotion of a growing programme of Lloyd’s List events, working as part of a team to develop our audience and revenues from the US market and the wider logistics supply chain.
- Experience as a journalist in technology (2-5 years is preferred).
- Develop story ideas in accordance with editorial calendar and timely technology news.
- Write approximately 4-5 stories weekly on IoT World Today weekly, in addition to creating other content (guides, video, e-books, etc.).
- Works well in a global team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs and deadlines issued by multiple editors.
- Has good research and analytical capabilities to interpret a variety of data and is comfortable mining and analyzing data.
- Displays a curiosity in the subject, seeking to learn about new issues that impact beat area and constantly seeking to find answers to questions.
- Strong work ethic and ability to take ownership of his/her work with limited supervision.
- Experience contributing stories to multiple platforms including social media, content management systems, and collaboration apps.
- Experience developing content in multiple formats (short/long form, video, audio and graphical).
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Want more IoT World Today Reporter/ Assistant Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, News Reporter jobs, Reporter jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.