Global Lead Copywriter
Hello, we're Just Eat, part of Just Eat Takeaway.com. We operate a leading global hybrid marketplace for online food delivery, providing millions of customers with an easy and secure way to order and pay for their favourite food from tens of thousands of Restaurant Partners.
Our people are the heart of our business and they make Just Eat the great company it is. We are committed to bringing emerging talent into our business, as well as retaining and developing our existing colleagues, with the potential to be tomorrow’s leaders of Just Eat.
Are you an English-language copywriter with a hunger for spicing up marketing campaigns? Can you combine creative copy with guru-level grammar knowledge? Want to lead a talented international team? Then we’re looking for you.
Our story (the bitesize version):
From perfect pizzas to seasonal soups, millions of foodies order their favourite dishes with us. Having expanded into new countries and continents as Just Eat Takeaway, we’re now serving customers from Rotterdam to Rio!
That means we need mouthwatering content to attract people across the globe, whether it’s delicious designs or eye-catching copy. That’s where you come in.
All about the role:
As our Lead Copywriter, you’re the company’s brand guardian for copy. Working at the heart of our in-house creative agency, your word wizardry will help us define, maintain, and refine our brand tone-of-voice.
Variety is a key ingredient of this job, with stakeholders across the business. Whether the task is creating CRM campaigns, writing SEO-focused articles or producing guides for our couriers, everything your team produces has that special Just Eat flavour.
However, it’s not all about snappy subject lines. Mentoring and developing your team of copywriting experts is also vital. We’re counting on you to:
- Communicate with stakeholders, in relation to issues like briefing and deadlines.
- Onboard new starters in the team, as well as external writers we work with.
- Assist team members in managing and prioritising their workload.
Required skills and experience:
A task to get your teeth into, can you deliver?
Here’s a quick rundown of the ingredients we need from you:
- 8+ years’ experience as a copywriter, either in-house or with an external creative agency.
- BA or MA in English, Communications or a related field.
- Perfect English language skills, including impeccable grammar and spelling.
- Expert prooofreading and editing skills.
- Proven leadership experience and an encouraging attitude with your team.
- A flexible, proactive approach to your work and the ability to handle a wide range of stakeholders.
- Equal parts creative and detail-oriented.
- Familiarity with Asana is a plus, but not essential.
Here’s our offer:
Like the perfect food pairing, your copy expertise and these great rewards belong together:
- Competitive salary.
- A varied and impactful role where you engage with millions of food-lovers.
- Fantastic company events.
- 26 days of holiday per year.
- Office amenities: Delicious tea & coffee, fresh fruit, our popular Friday drinks and more.
- Post-covid WFH socialising and wellbeing initiatives to engage with.
Let’s cook up something glorious. Click Apply Now to send us your CV and cover letter.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.