Film4 Production Manager
Film4 is Channel 4’s feature film commissioning department responsible for developing and financing innovative and award-winning films such as The Favourite, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, Beast, Saint Maud, 12 Years a Slave, Slumdog Millionaire and Four Lions. We fund between 8-12 films a year and these range from budgets of under £500k to over £30m. We work with first time directors and producers as well as established talent and filmmakers at all levels in between.
The Production Finance team at Film4 has oversight of all aspects of physical production from first stages of budgeting through prep, shoot, post and final delivery of our films. We are also responsible for negotiating key financial terms and budgets for Film4’s development slate.
Our Production Finance Manager position will be available in March and we are now looking for an experienced production professional, on a full time, dedicated basis at Film4.
Although day to day you will be working principally within the Film4 team, the role falls under C4’s Commercial Affairs department which is responsible for the financial, legal and business aspects of programme & film making and is tasked with negotiating all contractual, financial and other deal terms between Channel 4 and programme suppliers, in particular independent companies who make programmes & films on Channel 4’s behalf. Each commissioning area has a dedicated Legal and Business Affairs Manager and Production Finance team who work with commissioning editors to agree the editorial, financial and contractual details of each project, and to manage the business issues of each genre.
This post is primarily responsible for supporting Head of Production and Production Executive in delivering a comprehensive production and production finance service on a number of feature films, short films and developments.
- Supporting the HOPM and PFM in providing a full Production Finance service for Film as well as department and channel wide projects.
- Responsible for entering data into the cash and creditors forecasting system for production and development and ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Routine review of spend to date reports and follow up on queries arising.
- Responsible for processing all invoices (development, production & overheads).
- Preparing paperwork for approval through the LPFC and BAB approval process, ensuring accuracy of data entry and submission of paperwork within given timelines.
- Maintaining up to date status reports and relevant Film4 data bases and updating contacts and resource lists as required.
- Attending commissioning and business affairs routines and other meetings as required (internal and external).
- Act as a point of contact for queries (internal and external) and resolving them where possible.
- Liaison with other departments in Channel 4.
- Negotiating development budgets. Knowledge of feature film screen writing, option & underlying rights deals an advantage.
- Subject to experience, overseeing production finance on low budget feature films, Film4 short film slate.
- Coordinating team diaries.
- Supporting producers across post and delivery of their projects (credits, film4 logos, test screenings, technical delivery).
- Point of contact for producers regarding the BFI Diversity Standard, Nations & Regions and ALBERT.
- Send out weekly team meeting agenda.
- Update progress to production report and distribute.
- Responsible for sending out production starter packs (F4 contacts, distribution template, C4 Covid guidelines, F4 Delivery schedule).
Essential Experience And Skills:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills particularly the ability to prioritise a large and highly diverse workload.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent telephone manner, initiative to deal with queries and ability to maintain good supplier relationships.
- Good team spirit with willingness to get involved and take initiative.
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately and autonomously.
- A working knowledge of film production and/or television (drama) with knowledge of the film and/or television production process ideally gained through experience of working in production.
- Demonstrable financial skills.
- Ability to negotiate deals with suppliers.
- Good computer and system skills including Intermediate Excel, Outlook and Word and an aptitude for learning new systems.
- An interest in understanding all aspects of the media industry and in particular film.
- Experience in Film and/or TV drama production.
- Some Movie Magic, film budgeting and scheduling knowledge.
- In-house programme finance experience at a media organisation or experience in similar media environment.
- Up to date with current Covid Filming guidelines.
Application questions to completeTo complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words).
- Please outline any specific Film or TV experience that you have (Max 200 words).
BenefitsThere are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you:
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday).
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance.
• A generous Group Personal Pension.
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more.
Want more Film4 Production Manager jobs?
Want to find more Post Production Coordinator jobs, Production Manager jobs, Post Production Assistant jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.