Editor, FinTech Futures
Informa Connect, part of the FTSE100 Informa Group, is a global live events, digital content specialist connecting professionals with knowledge, ideas and opportunities. Informa Connect run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programmes for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets. Our mission is for our millions of professional and commercial customers to know more, do more and be more through access to extraordinary people and exceptional insight.
The Editor of FinTech Futures is responsible for the editorial output of the FinTech Futures publishing platform – online and print. This includes creating own editorial as well curating/editing content produced by third parties.
The role includes the end-to-end management of the production of FinTech Futures publications, working closely with marketing, sales, operations and production/design teams – ensuring the work is completed on time and to high standards.
You will also be involved in FinTech Futures’ conferences and events (physical and digital) and helping shape them from the editorial/content side, as well as take part in wider industry events.
You will be setting the editorial direction for FinTech Futures and be the brand ambassador, driving the development and global standing of the FinTech Futures publishing platform and brand.
Key functions include:
- Managing the editorial team of two full-time staff.
- Leading editorial best practice and implementing relevant initiatives to enhance and improve the editorial performance across online and print platforms.
- Coordinating work with other departments of FinTech Futures, such as sales, marketing and production.
- Setting editorial direction for the publication.
- Writing own copy as well overseeing the team’s output.
- Commissioning/sourcing editorial from external sources; managing freelancers.
- Contributing to the creation of new editorial products as well as commercial ones.
- Publishing online content – including news, features and other relevant content, working in the CMS.
- Editing the Banking Technology magazine (monthly) and overseeing its production as well as other relevant supplements and other publications throughout the year.
- Participating in multi-media content production, including taking part in videos and hosting the What the Fintech? podcast.
- Maintaining active presence on social media channels, representing FinTech Futures.
- Taking part in FinTech Futures’ digital and physical events in editorial capacity and as a speaker/presenter/moderator.
- Attending relevant conferences (or ensuring the editorial team is attending, where applicable) in a journalistic capacity as well as a speaker/presenter/moderator.
- Working on commercial assignments with clients.
- Acting as a brand ambassador of FinTech Futures.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Want more Editor, FinTech Futures jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.