Editor, EMEA, T Brand Studio International
T Brand is the branded content and marketing unit of The New York Times. We are an enthusiastic team of editors, strategists, designers, program managers, audience development managers and developers creating branded content across The New York Times website, social media channels and client-owned properties. Our work spans a variety of storytelling formats, including short- and long-form reported articles, video, audio, interactive data visualizations, animations, VR/AR, events and more. We work with brands to tell stories that matter in the world.
Based in London, the Editor, EMEA, T Brand International will play a key role in the creation of branded content — from brainstorming and conceptualizing creative ideas to answering client briefs to writing, editing and commissioning projects. Specifically, the core tasks of the Editor, EMEA, T Brand Studio International include participating in brainstorms, pitching creative ideas directly to clients, conducting research and interviews, writing, commissioning and editing articles, and seeing projects through the production process. Additionally, you will develop a network of freelance contributors across the globe. You will be part of the larger T Brand team based in London, Hong Kong, Paris and New York. The Editor, EMEA, T Brand Studio International will report to the Managing Editor, EMEA and APAC, T Brand International, based in London.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities:
- Conceive, write and pitch engaging branded content stories and projects to clients in a variety of verticals, including luxury goods, consumer, automotive, entertainment, health care or travel, with a focus on financial services, business and/or technology.
- Write and edit primary- and secondary-source reporting and content for T Brand Studio International projects.
- Employ newsroom standards and practices, including conducting on-the-ground interviews, identifying sources, sub/copy editing, proofreading and fact-checking.
- Ensure that all branded content produced by T Brand Studio in EMEA is in keeping with the values of The New York Times while meeting the client’s strategic aims.
- Help develop and train a network of freelance writers (and/or editors) from around the EMEA region.
- Proofread creative work or editorial copy written by colleagues across T Brand Studio, including London, Paris, Hong Kong and New York.
- Actively participate in regular brainstorming sessions and meetings with teams in Hong Kong, London and Paris.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to help finesse and fine-tune ideas in order to develop excellent storytelling and various content capabilities.
- Work with colleagues in NYT’s advertising department to consider and develop new products and content strategies, such as podcasts, and adapt them to fit the international market.
- Help lead client meetings with sales colleagues to present and pitch editorial findings, content concepts and works in progress, advising clients about the Studio’s best practices and values, and how they serve the client’s aims.
- Help educate the sales team in EMEA about our creative capabilities, concepts and journalistic approach to storytelling, to help them explain and sell the Studio’s work to prospective clients.
- Help to identify new business opportunities for T Brand in EMEA.
- Educated to BA, BS and/or MA, MS level (or equivalent relevant qualifications) in communications, journalism or humanities.
- Preference for editor with diverse beat experience in several sectors. This could include business, technology, culture, lifestyle, travel and luxury.
- Experience reporting on finance, business and/or tech beats.
- Strong reporting and editing experience in a journalistic role.
- Solid digital journalism, writing and editing experience.
- Audio/video experience a plus.
- Preference for candidates with some branded content experience.
- Good understanding of social media, distribution and the branded content landscape.
- Avid consumer of media of all types.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
Help shape the future of The New York Times.
Whether it’s bringing new truths to light through reporting, optimizing products and formats to deliver a world-class digital and app experience, or analyzing data to better understand how we can best serve our readers, Times employees are part of a growing, unified team that is driven to build the best destination for journalism in the world.
That’s always been the case, but it is especially so today. In a time of uncertainty we’ve provided information and guidance to help readers navigate daily life — whether it’s understanding health risks or getting advice on staying sane and productive at home. This would not be possible without our journalists, data scientists, marketers, designers, engineers, project managers and many, many more.
Home to world-class talent:
To create journalism and supporting products that stand apart, we must recruit the finest talent in the world. Journalists, data designers, videographers, agile marketers, art directors, and many others, we’re looking for people at all stages of their careers to bring different perspectives and practices to our teams. Together, we can make our journalism more insightful, meaningful and essential to the daily lives and understanding of people around the world.
If you see a job opening here that might be a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
If you are an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!
Want more Editor, EMEA, T Brand Studio International jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, News Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.