Editor, Custom Content (Maternity Cover)
Informa Pharma Intelligence (part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group) is on a mission to improve healthcare outcomes by empowering pharma leaders with unmatched data, insights, and platforms that empower decision making through the drug development and commercialization lifecycle. We are driven by an insatiable curiosity to identify the root-cause barriers that distance patients from the treatments they need. We ask the questions others don’t. We connect the dots others miss. We seek partners who share our vision and possess strengths that enhance our own. Our data-driven intelligence, backed by predictive analytics and human expert insights, enables the pharma industry to make informed strategic decisions at the speed of business.
Pharma Intelligence’s Insights business is looking for an editor to manage and coordinate our growing marketing solutions content. The marketing solutions editor will be responsible for providing editorial leadership for all client-sponsored content. The editor will act as a conduit between the marketing solutions team, its clients, and editorial contributors. The editor will liaise closely with the marketing solutions team developing topical themes that can be pitched to potential clients or creating solutions that meet customer needs while being closely aligned to our editorial focus and quality standards.
- Join sales calls with potential new clients to discuss key topics that resonate with our readership and content options that will align with their overall objectives. Review contracts where needed. Source example content pieces that are relevant to their business and goals to support sales follow ups.
- Join kick off calls with clients for new projects, including topic guidance, process explanations and deliverables.
- Oversee the moderation of several live sponsored webinars, including imparting best practice guidelines beforehand and facilitating live Q&A, when needed.
- Manage the content creation and production of upcoming sponsored events and roundtables, including liaising with wider editorial team to access their existing networks.
- Produce new eBooks and infographics, carry out interviews with client SMEs where needed to support creation.
- Join internal calls such as weekly editorial meetings to discuss current projects and access wider expertise and insight from journalists where needed.
- Review content proposed for syndication from clients to ensure it aligns with publication areas and subscriber interests.
- Assist in creation of surveys by reviewing client proposed questions and advising on additional question options to generate insight, liaising with internal research team to ensure it generates maximum efficacy.
- Review/proof marketing assets such as landing pages.
- Manage invoices for the use of freelancers.
- Coordinate custom content team workflow to ensure timely delivery of content to clients.
- Manage team of freelancers and internal writer to produce high quality written content.
- Review and proof all sponsored content at each key stage of development.
- Provide feedback and advice to team on how to handle projects and clients.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams and maintain communication with colleagues and senior managers on work in progress, including daily use of workflow tracking tools.
- Looks for ways to help the team work together acknowledging different roles and skill sets.
- Good knowledge of the pharma and medtech industries with a highly developed network of potential key sponsors.
- Awareness of key industry bottlenecks, challenges and opportunities.
- Good interpersonal skills with emphasis on the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Able to cope with unexpected scheduling and client requests/feedback.
- Strong commercial acumen and drive to ensure revenue grows in line with business expectations.
- Journalism skills and knowledge to include: understanding complex scientific, regulatory, manufacturing and/or commercial issues, writing about them clearly and convincingly, exercising editorial judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on journalism and/or sciences, science policy or equivalent career experience.
- Established experience (5 years +) of creating/managing delivery of sponsored content or conferences/ round tables for pharma/medtech markets.
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development.
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits.
- Work with high quality specialist products.
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration.
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder.
- Regular social events and networking opportunities.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Want more Editor, Custom Content (Maternity Cover) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.