Editor, Amazon Publishing (Fixed Term Contract)
Amazon Publishing is looking to hire an experienced and market-savvy commercial Editor for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. The Editor (based in London) will work in our team of fiction editors to bring our customers exceptional books.
You’ll discover and evaluate books in a variety of trade categories, manage author and agent relationships, and work in conjunction with Amazon Publishing's marketing, publicity, production, design, and author relations teams to deliver quality books and world-class author experiences. This is a multi-faceted job in a start-up environment that requires flexibility, agility, and a sense of humour.
What you’ll be doing:
· Identifying, evaluating, and developing fiction submissions and publishing proposals, including monitoring trend and sales data.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with literary agents, including proposing deals and managing contracts.
· Collaborating with authors to develop their work.
· Managing titles through the production process from manuscript to publication, including cover briefing and positioning, (working closely with internal teams).
· Superb written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to measure results.
· Professional experience in an editorial role within a book publishing or literary agency environment.
· Author and agent relationship development experience within a book publishing or a literary agency environment.
· Trade book publishing experience.
· Professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Experience with digital book content and formats.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Want more Editor, Amazon Publishing (Fixed Term Contract) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.