Digital Video Producer, CNN International
We’re looking for a talented video-storyteller with a passion for global news to join the international digital video team in London.
CNN’s Digital Video News team creates digital-first content for all CNN platforms, spanning everything from short and arresting breaking news pieces to in-depth features, explainers, interactives, and enterprise reporting. Our aim is to bring the international news agenda to a digital audience with visual content that reflects CNN’s mission, to be the world’s most essential, reliable and engaging global destination for what’s happening in our world today. Whether it’s natural disasters and elections, inequality, the climate crisis or news-making cultural events, we tell human-centered stories across the full gamut of CNN’s editorial verticals, with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
The Producer will be a key member of the CNN video organization, developing and producing video content that will resonate across all CNN’s digital platforms. This role will primarily be responsible for international news coverage, including breaking news and topical features. This producer will work closely with the Senior Producer of News and CNN International’s digital and newsgathering teams to bring our world’s most important issues to a digital audience. An interest in the bigger picture, strategy and commissioning as well as video production is required for someone in this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing digital videos end-to-end – including pitching, writing, shooting and editing.
- Supporting the Senior Producer of News in daily assignments and supervision.
- Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends.
- Working collaboratively across the global organization to cover breaking news and important topical issues.
- Experimenting with new video formats on multiple platforms to push the envelope and reach new audiences.
- Shooting video in-house and in the field for breaking news and news features.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and international correspondents to produce digital content remotely.
- Coordinating with CNN’s global network of digital writers, producers and designers to develop new forms of visually dynamic and interactive storytelling.
What we’re looking for:
- Talented video-storyteller with a passion for international news.
- Previous experience of working in an international or major media market.
- Understanding of news values and a love for journalism.
- Experience reporting and fact-checking stories and characters.
- Passion for pushing the envelope with new formats and styles.
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of current industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7).
- Expertise in post-production software such as Adobe Premiere or similar.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- An additional language will be beneficial but not essential
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia.
Want more Digital Video Producer, CNN International jobs?
Want to find more Video Designer jobs, Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.