Digital Design Manager
About the Company:
This entrepreneurial and ambitious business, are sailing into 2021 off the back of a phenomenal 2020 with huge plans for growth! As an established business, they have heritage and history behind them, alongside a global reach, but still adopt a start-up mentality. Very refreshing! Priding themselves on their core beliefs of innovation, personal development and teamwork, they care deeply about their employees and offer brilliant career progression and a collaborative and fun working environment.
As the Design Manager you will oversee and manage a team of 14 designers in total. It's a hands on role and you will be expectec to:
- Manage, mentor and encourage your team. Building a strong, collaborative and positive team and culture.
- Develop, challenge and make suggestions for constant improvement to the work your team creates and the products the business designs and builds. They are looking for someone innovative and striving to constantly make the work their team produces the best.
- Produce high quality digital designs, animations, infographics and layouts for a range of digital projects alongside your team, leading from the front.
- Liaise with the clients directly in many instances, attending meetings alongside the account handling team.
- Creating initial ideas and mood boards and then presenting to the client directly and internally.
- Most of the time you will developing your concept into digital designs, involved in the full lifecycle of the project, spanning multiple media - including animations, infographics, games, videos and much more!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Design Manager with experience managing and leading a team as well as experience producing cutting edge, innovative digital solutions across a range of media.
To be considered, you need to demonstrate you:
- Have management experience and can show you have grown, nurtured and developed a team.
- Have strong communication and organisational skills, able to manage your team's workload. Working closely with the Production Director.
- Have a portfolio full of digital designs which show different visual styles and both strong conceptual and design skills. Examples of digital design across a range of digital media.
- Able to create original, highly creative ideas and also the ability to design those yourself, in to engaging designs - through the use of illustration, typography, animation etc. Strong conceptual and put down skills a must!
- On the subject of brand guidelines -you must have experience working with large corporate clients and show how you can work to brand guidelines, whilst still producing creative and engaging digital designs.
- UI and UX design experience is a must as is a working knowledge of .CSS and HTML, producing wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
- It would be brilliant if you have motion graphics experience and knowledge of After Effects!
- It goes without saying (but we will anyway) that you should be passionate about emerging digital software.
Salary on offer is £45,000 - £60,000 for the right candidate, dependant on experience. The role is currently remote based, but will eventually be flexible, with 2/3 days in the office (commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Stafford, Mansfield, Leicester and Birmingham) and 2/3 days remote. The business also offers regular performance/salary reviews and a discretionary yearly bonus based on company and individual performance.
Want more Digital Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.