Our client is a thriving UK based company engaged in the custom design, consultancy and manufacture of point of sale displays and merchandising systems. The company are able to offer in-house design and manufacture meaning they are able to provide an impressive client list with innovative design and functional, cost effective solutions.
The company are now looking for an experienced Development Designer, with the ability to create accurate and innovative technical solutions, to join their team. The successful candidate will be work in-house for a large well-known brand. Reporting directly to the client, the main objective will be to create technical drawings in line with design intent. There will be some occasional UK and EU travel involved.
- Creation of 3D CAD models, technical drawing packs and BOM’s using Solidworks.
- Creation of site and retail surveys .
- Translation of 2D and 3D conceptual designs into working production drawings.
- Creation of technical sketches for rapid quotations.
- Accurate translation of design to technical within fixed production budget.
- Liaison with other group engineering teams to ensure sharing of innovations, initiatives and efficiencies.
- Estimating, planning and prioritising engineering workloads when required.
- Liaison with group manufacturing and suppliers regarding production techniques.
- Liaison with model making during the prototype stage.
- Liaison with designers and projects managers on project details.
- Client facing contact as technical engineer to the brand.
- Other duties as recognised necessary by the client.
- Experience in a similar client facing role, with a background in retail.
- Strong knowledge of Solidworks.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Flexibility in regard to occasional travel as required.
- Good team player.
- Full UK driving license.
Want more Development Designer jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, CAD Manager jobs, CAD Technician jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.