At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
From our HQ in Manchester and London office, our Transportation team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they’re always ready for change.
Booking.com core values:
- Think customer first.
- Succeed together.
- Own It.
- Learn Forever.
- Do the Right Thing.
Responsible for understanding the needs and constraints of the user, the business, and the technical implementation, and applying their craft to create the most practical solutions to achieve the teams and businesses goals. Work directly in a team within their subject area to define and execute the design details and make our products and services useful, usable, and desirable through holistic, transparent, and accessible means. Produce innovative and comprehensively-detailed designs in order to drive the execution while ensuring their ideas are clearly understood by others through collaboration, testing and documentation. They ensure that design guidelines and best practices are applied. Works with product and engineering to ensure content is accurately portrayed.
- Effectively utilises a variety of research and data to better understand and design for user needs and to inform design decisions, validate hypotheses and document insights.
- Seeks out timely feedback and critique as fuel to improve design solutions and strategy; proactively seeks out collaboration and co-design opportunities in order to provide holistic user experiences.
- Creates high-quality design assets and solutions for their team and track to improve the overarching user experience, usability and accessibility of the product(s).
- Acts consistently as an advocate for end user needs and perspectives in product area discussions, reviews, and critiques.
- Demonstrates applied understanding of Booking's brand standards and design systems and guidelines and applies them in their work.
- Has knowledge of prototyping tools or prototyping environments and web coding languages such as HTML, CSS, etc where relevant to execute their solutions within the scope of their team.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience delivering global products in a similar large scale product led environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Basic knowledge about CSS / HTML.
- Solution oriented and result driven.
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task & flexible attitude.
- Language: English.
- 25 vacation days (rising to 28) to go exploring.
- Generous accommodation discount, so you can explore for less.
- Bonus package.
- Pension with up to 10% matched company contribution.
- Free breakfast and subsidised staff restaurant with Starbucks coffee.
- Huge learning and development platform tailored to you.
- Shopping and leisure discounts through Perkbox
- Interest free travel loans/discounted car parking.
- Competitive maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Flexible working, including working from home.
- Wellbeing focus, with weekly onsite yoga.
- Mental health first aiders and free face-to-face support.
Please note: We are not offering sponsorship on this role at this time.
Want more Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.