Design Researcher (French Speaking)
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher is an exciting, inspiring place to be. We establish the strategy that leads the business. We drive innovation to inspire our customers. We set the tone of our global business. It can be challenging, but that goes hand in hand with the ability to make a difference – to the business, to the many people around the world that work for us, and to our customers.
As a Kingfisher Design Researcher, you will deliver high quality, impactful research to help shape the development of industry leading, user centred digital products and omnichannel experiences for a number of household name brands.
You will be responsible for managing the end-to end delivery of research and translating results into actionable insights that inform product development and optimisation. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work particularly closely with Service Designers, UX / UI Designers and Product Owners to identify research opportunities that support business goals, involving them at key stages of the research process, and working with them to interpret and leverage the outputs.
The work you do will help teams understand and empathise with our users so that we can deliver excellent, innovative experiences that truly meet their needs. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively identifying the need for research and creating research plans that achieve business objectives.
- Managing end to end research projects, including defining objectives and hypotheses, defining appropriate methodologies, setting up and leading fieldwork, synthesising outputs, sharing insights in impactful ways, and working collaboratively with product teams to bring learnings into the development process.
- Developing compelling outputs and artefacts based on research- e.g. personas / archetypes, customer journey maps, behavioural models, video edits, etc.
- Integrating insights from various sources to create a holistic customer view (e.g. market research, analytics, broader trends, etc).
- Championing and defending the voice of the user, and advocating a user-centric design approach.
- Contributing to our Design Research processes and best practices, and promoting the value of research.
Working across the wider Kingfisher Group to synthesise knowledge and build a holistic understanding of our users. A natural curiosity and passion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours, and the challenges they face.
- Experience managing research across a wide range of generative and evaluative, qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. ethnography, concept testing, usability testing (in lab & remote), guerilla testing, card sorting, diary studies, surveys, etc).
- Hands on experience with the practicalities of running research, including recruiting processes, scheduling and logistics, protocol and questionnaire development, interviewing, analysis, and creation of research deliverables.
- Skills in uncovering unarticulated user needs, synthesising existing research from a variety of sources, and translating observations into digestible, actionable insights that are connected to business goals.
- Strong communication and workshop facilitation skills.
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary agile delivery team.
- Ideally, previous experience working on omni-channel services, and digital experiences on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Must be fluent in French.
Want more Design Researcher (French Speaking) jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.