Creative Marketing Copy Editor (6 month FTC)
The Creative Marketing Copy Editor will act as a brand guardian for UO Europe’s tone of voice overseeing copywriting across all facets and channels.
The role includes managing the Creative Marketing Copywriter, Product Copywriters and French and German translation team. The role calls for an editorially savvy candidate with a keen eye for detail, a strong digital background and focus on online user experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Tone of Voice & Brand Guardianship:
- Act as a brand guardian for tone of voice across all UO channels.
- Build seasonal tone of voice packs and provide editorial copy direction that delivers against customer mindset, brand positioning and marketing content themes.
- The role will be both commercially and creatively aware, pro-actively ideating on how to evolve UO’s marketing messaging whilst keeping up to date with emerging copy and content trends.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the copy team to ensure brand consistency across all areas.
- Build relationships with buyers and key stakeholders across the business to seamlessly integrate key merchandising and emerging trend call outs into compelling marketing copy across all platforms — emails, site creative, push notification, paid and organic social and all product groups.
- Work closely with the wider Creative Marketing and PR teams to write, sub edit and proof.
- Manage the Creative Copywriter and work closely to deliver thoughtful and considered copy across email, site content and social media.
- Manage a Product Copy team of two and ensure targets of up to 100 SKUs across Women’s, Men’s and Home are delivered each day.
- Support Product Copy team by constantly looking for ways to improve and enrich UO’s product pages whilst ensuring information is accurate, informative and consistent.
- Work with the team to build and input new processes and systems.
- Manage and work closely with French and German translators to ensure timely delivery of copy across site content, email and digital marketing.
- Work closely with the team to localise messaging where necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Ecommerce copy writing experience for a fashion/lifestyle retailer.
- Excellent written English with strong experience in copywriting and subediting across multiple divisions including womenswear, menswear and home.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Urban Outfitters brand, customer, and product.
- Exceptional project management, process management and organization skills. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across a large organization.
- Creative decision maker: Able to problem-solve and create compelling short and long-term solutions for the copy team.
- Great team culture within a supportive and inclusive brand.
- Dog-friendly office.
- Complimentary onsite gym and wellness studio plus wellbeing initiatives.
- Onsite café.
- Local food/drink discounts.
- Great development programmes.
- Huge staff discount across the brands and regular sample sales.
- Competitive holiday allowance.
- Pension scheme, life insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans.
- And much more.
We receive such a high volume of applications, unfortunately we can't reply to everybody. If you haven't heard back from us after 2 weeks, you haven't been successful on this occasion. However, don't let this put you off applying in future, please keep an eye on our career pages.
Want more Creative Marketing Copy Editor (6 month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.