Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role:
As a content designer for BT Consumer you’ll be expected to be the objective voice of our customers and always put their needs first when it comes to designing brilliant content. You’ll be responsible for helping users step through our journeys and find the information they need in the simplest, smartest way possible.
Working in agile teams, you’ll influence and own the user journey for a product, service or offer. You’ll be creating, updating, and reviewing content around the user journey and will be adept at using evidence, data, and research to inform decisions and change things for the better.
As an already active member of the content design community, you’ll stand up for best practice and for our users. You’ll be enthusiastic about promoting a user-centred way of working within the department and beyond. Your capacity for feedback – both giving and receiving – will be infinite.
You'll have the following responsibilities:
Your main job responsibilities:
- Ensuring and advocating a user-centred approach to all the content you create.
- Map customer purchase journeys to identify pain points and user needs.
- Create and curate brilliant content that customers will love.
- Work closely with stakeholders and team members to ensure our content is evidence based, user centred and continually optimised.
- Take part in user research and be able to work with multidisciplinary, agile teams to contribute to an overall user experience.
- Use discovery methods to take facts from subject matter experts and present them in a brilliant, personal and simple way.
- Take responsibility for legal, regulatory governance and compliance of your content.
- Be a design team representative and a main point of contact for product owners and product team members on developing a user centred approach.
- Subedit and proofread content.
- Build and publish content in our CMS platforms (AEM and/or Hybris.
- Create accessible content by following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Use headings and page structure.
- Prescribe best practice on alternative content for images, graphs and multimedia, understanding of the “alt decision tree”, writing meaningful links, and using plain language.
- Have experience in using automated accessibility testing tools, such as Wave.
You'll have the following skills & experience:
We’re a new team embedding content design as a new discipline for BT and EE. We need you to be ready to challenge ways of working and embrace learning at every opportunity. You’ll get behind our mantra of ‘build, measure, learn’ – always working in ways that put the user experience first.
You'll love it here if you like to:
• Work fast, always learning, accept failure, and iterate again.
• Always start with user needs, working towards user outcomes and business goals.
• Champion simplicity, efficiency and consistency, in all your work.
• Collaborate across team boundaries, using shared, agreed processes, tools and methods.
Why BT Digital?
Community culture – we’re bringing people from a wide range of backgrounds together to create a culture where everyone can be their best. Our colleagues lead the way on wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, making sure everybody feels supported and valued. Be part of our community.
Flexible lifestyle – we understand you’ll have commitments outside work. Tailor your working hours to find a work-life balance that suits you.
Endless opportunities – our unrivalled professional development programmes are available to all our colleagues. Build a career you’re passionate about.
Top-of-the-range tech – we’ve invested in brilliant new buildings and the technology to go with it. You’ll have all the tools you need to connect, create and innovate.
Bright future – our agile approach means we’re more collaborative and dynamic than ever. We’ve reset what it means to work at BT. Join us as we build our digital future.
- 10% Annual Salary bonus.
- 10% Employer Pension contribution.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Health and Dental discount schemes.
- Plus many more rewards schemes.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT.
How to Apply:
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Want more Content Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.