Content Designer IA Strategy: FTC 12 Months
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
We’re looking for a content designer (IA strategy) who’s an experienced and competent information architect.
As a content designer (IA strategy) at BT Consumer you’ll be expected to be the objective voice of our customers and always put their needs first when it comes to designing brilliant content. You’ll be responsible for defining the future information architecture of our sites and apps – helping users to find the information they need in the simplest and smartest way possible.
Working across agile teams, you’ll create the strategic direction for our site structures and taxonomies across our products and services.
You’ll be assessing and reviewing content around the existing user journeys to assess opportunities for improvement, and will use evidence, data, and research to inform decisions to change things for the better.
As an already active member of the content community, you’ll stand up for best practice and for our users. You’ll be enthusiastic about promoting a user-centered way of working within the department and beyond. Your capacity for feedback – both giving and receiving – will be infinite.
You'll have the following responsibilities:
• Ensuring and advocating a user-centered approach to all the content you create.
• Assessing current site architecture against user needs.
• Identifying the future Information Architecture for BT, EE and Plusnet across multiple platforms.
• Setting out the strategy for a more user-centred structure and navigation.
• Working closely with stakeholders and team members to ensure our content decisions are evidence-based and user-centred.
• Taking part in user research and working with multidisciplinary, agile teams to contribute to an overall user experience.
• Using discovery methods and presenting insights in an engaging and influential way.
• Ensuring SEO considerations and content models are included in key recommendations and strategy.
• Being a design team representative and a main point of contact for product owners and product team members.
You'll have the following skills & experience:
• Experience leading information architecture projects.
• Experience in working either independently or alongside researchers to carry out appropriate research.
• Experience in taxonomies and content modelling.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary, agile team.
• Familiar with the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and understand the role a well-designed IA plays in improving content accessibility.
Why BT Digital?
Community culture – we’re bringing people from a wide range of backgrounds together to create a culture where everyone can be their best. Our colleagues lead the way on wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, making sure everybody feels supported and valued. Be part of our community.
Flexible lifestyle – we understand you’ll have commitments outside work. Tailor your working hours to find a work-life balance that suits you.
Endless opportunities – our unrivalled professional development programmes are available to all our colleagues. Build a career you’re passionate about.
Top-of-the-range tech – we’ve invested in brilliant new buildings and the technology to go with it. You’ll have all the tools you need to connect, create and innovate.
Bright future – our agile approach means we’re more collaborative and dynamic than ever. We’ve reset what it means to work at BT. Join us as we build our digital future.
10% Annual Salary Bonus.
10% Employer Pension Contribution.
Free BT Broadband.
Free BT Sport.
Plus plenty of fringe benefits.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT.
How to Apply:
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Want more Content Designer IA Strategy: FTC 12 Months jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.