Associate Producer, News Products - CNN Audio
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN Audio - We are your ears to the ground.
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
CNN Audio creates and distributes all audio content, including original podcast, news briefing and showcasts for CNN Worldwide.
The Associate Producer will assist with the editorial and technical production of hourly short form news briefings, breaking news alerts and additional short form content. This includes supporting producers to write, voice, and edit episodes, and partnering with the CNN Digital News Alerts team. You will fact-check copy, ensuring it meets CNN editorial standards.
- Monitor the latest CNN news updates.
- Adapt approved copy to an audio-first presentation.
- Coordinate with CNN News Alerts team on timing of breaking news updates.
- Voice updates when needed.
- Edit briefings in ProTools and upload in software system.
- Coordinate with technical team on standard operating procedures for recording/editing/engineering.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven editorial experience in an audio newsroom.
- Avid news consumer with a passion for breaking news.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency in ProTools and audio recording.
- Detail-oriented, wildly creative with strong editorial judgement and skills.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent teamwork skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
Want more Associate Producer, News Products - CNN Audio jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.