Associate Creative Director
Hello, We’re Impero:
We’re an independent, award-winning creative agency.
We work with high-profile, global brands such as The Glenlivet, Havana Club & Chivas, Corona, Budweiser, Mike’s Hard Seltzer, Nature Valley, Ugg, Unicef, Danone, and a bunch of others.
We’re pretty good at what we do. In 2018 we won five Agency of The Year(s) including The Drum DADI Agency of the Year. We have also just been shortlisted as Campaign Independent Agency of the Year and made it onto Campaign Magazine’s 100 best places to work. This year we have our sights set on a D&AD and/or Cannes Lion.
There are about 35 of us (not including the dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious, and do great work.
We’re also 70% female with a 50/50 gender split on the senior team. We proudly have 100% pay parity and it kind of annoys us that we even have to mention that as something that’s unique within this industry. We gladly do things differently. We‘re super ambitious, brutally honest, and always deliver.
We don’t really like the ‘Old Guard’ of advertising. This is an agency that uses passion, ingenuity, and an anything-is-possible attitude to deliver work across all kinds of platforms.
It’s one of the reasons why working here is a hell of a lot of fun. It’s a fantastic place to be a creative. Everything’s to play for. Not surprisingly, this is a growing agency, so we’re looking for an ACD who wants to be part of, and help drive that growth.
As an Associate Creative Director, you’ll be an inspiring force for creative output, working across and leading our retail and activations client base, which has experienced strong growth in the past 12 months, as well as helping raise the standard and develop opportunities across ATL and digital work too. This will include:
- Leading the trade and activations creative team.
- Concepting and developing campaign ideas for BTL/TTL campaigns, often with an emphasis on retail, on-trade, shopper, packaging, and experiential.
- Contributing towards ATL and Digital work to help raise the standard of output.
- Lead creative on BTL/TTL pitches as well as being involved with other agency pitches.
- Developing client relationships with our biggest client, AB InBev, working closely with our CSO and Client Operations Director to drive great creative output for the trade marketing teams and grow and deliver ATL opportunities.
- The ability to craft ideas – although this is a leadership role, it is also a hands-on one conceptual one too.
- Being able to articulate and visualise creative in a compelling way.
- Having a knowledge of the FMCG Marketing world.
- An eagerness to understand your client’s brand, marketing strategies, and the industry.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with existing clients (beyond AB InBev) and being able to promote Impero to prospective clients at new business opportunities and events.
- Working closely with other teams such as Strategy and Design to develop ideas.
- Mentoring, assisting, and leading by example.
- Having plenty of initiative.
The Type Of People We Want To Meet:
Above all, you’ll embody our core values of being brutally honest, doggedly determined, always on point, and audaciously ambitious.
You’ll have a hunger to create bold, award-winning ideas, create exceptional work for your clients and be part of our amazing team. You’ll live and breathe great work. You will be energetic, fun to work with, and always positive.
- Minimum 10 years experience working within a Creative role.
- Knowledge of the FMCG Marketing world, with strong experience in booze an advantage.
- Proven ability to use culture to inspire your ideas.
- Focus on conceptual ideas.
- Confident in Keynote – and of course your other creative tools.
- A breadth of creative knowledge with the ability to produce useful visual references and predict creative trends.
- A team player who cares about the growth and development of the agency references.
The creative team is small but ambitious, talented, and multi-disciplined. Everyone is an ideas person, but each has their own specialism, from content creation to art direction and copywriting.
We want to build on this team with sharp-minded people who want to make a name for themselves and the agency by creating work that’s conceptually smart, relevant, and truly interesting or entertaining. Work that makes people from outside the agency think “I wish I’d done that.”
The Perks Of Working At Impero Include:
Being part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors or shareholders to report to.
- Flexible working.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – and not just be a cog in the machine.
- Free snacks and coffee (not when you’re working from home, obvs).
- Regular breakfasts with the whole team (less regular in the age of Covid).
- Seasonal company parties.
- Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth.
- The love of many rotating office dogs.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
- Ownership of your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
- Beer, Gin, Rum, Cognac, Whiskey, Snacks. (Working with our clients has added perks).
If you feel this is the role for you, please get in touch via email with Associate Creative Director as the subject line. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
NO Agencies please – we already work with loads.
*We receive so many wonderful applications that we can’t respond to everyone so thank you in advance for your application.
Want more Associate Creative Director jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Services Director jobs, Creative Services Director jobs, Assistant Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.