As an integral member of the Brand Design team reporting to the Brand Design Manager you will articulate your creative vision and oversee the work of Brand Designers, Photographers and Artists to ensure our message is clearly communicated, as per your creative vision.
Enthusiastic and immersed in contemporary style and culture, you are obsessed with design and passionate about the work you produce with an emphasis on pushing the boundaries of the brief. We are looking for real creative flair. Working to a brief that has been agreed with the Brand Design Manager and other senior creatives you’ll develop appropriate creative concepts for a variety of projects and activities, alongside the internal production team, who will oversee photoshoots both internal and on location in order to deliver briefs on time and on budget.
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually, through innovative creative ideas
- Decide appropriate photographs, props and/or other design elements to use on set that are on brand
- Through creative thinking, deliver the brief and elevate projects in order to engage, inspire the consumer
- Work under the Brand Design Manager and in partnership with our Brand Designers, Photographers, Set Designers and other creatives to create consumer engaging assets which inspire and engage our consumer
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography and graphics developed by the wider creative team
- Be an expert communicator and able to work with brief owners to develop an artistic approach and style
- Confidently present your creative vision for approval by the Brand Design Manager and Head of Brand Design
- Motivate, direct and organize other artists in order to articulate your creative vision and oversee production
- Balance competing priorities and multiple projects, while meeting strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Be passionate about your work and strive to elevate the brief, in order to create world class creative
- Continually look to develop internal processes to drive efficiencies within our ways of working
- Deliver to high standards and demanding timelines, consistently excellent creative work
- A passionate and energetic design professional with either 3+ years’ experience within a design related area or 1+ years Art Direction experience
- Enthusiastic and immersed in style and contemporary culture, you embody the values of the brand.
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, open to input from passionate and engaged executive leadership
- An energetic individual with experience of working in a fast paced, multi project agency environment preferably within the sports/fashion sectors
- Serious about the work you produce and have a portfolio of world class creative projects
- Experienced in commissioning Photographers, Artists and other external creatives and being able to direct them in order to realise your creative vision
- Experience of working on set and on location in the UK and overseas and be flexible to international travel if required
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.