Animated Feature Producer
Partners with the Studio leadership and Key Creative(s) to manage bidding, planning and execution of episodic or feature length animated projects - on time and on budget; leads crews in fulfilling the project’s creative vision and maintaining highest quality of work. Collaborates with Client Primary responsibility for: budget and schedule, in collaboration with the Show Leadership and Studio Management.
What You'll Do:
- Manage bidding, planning, design, and execution of a designated project.
- Partner with Show Leadership to manage resources to achieve Director’s vision and achieve highest production value.
- Manage production team to balance creative vision with production constraints so teams may create quality projects on time and on budget.
- Responsible for communicating regularly with Executive Producer on all creative and production issues.
- Responsible for weekly reporting of productivity to Client as approved by Studio Management.
- Share responsibility with the other Producers, Key Creatives, and management for the success of the entire studio portfolio.
- Accountable for the development and production of profitable projects that are managed to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Establish strategic development direction for assigned project and manage development to achieve sustainable success, beyond the life of a single project launch.
- Coordinate with fellow Producers and Studio Management to ensure that conflicts are resolved in the best interest of the companies’ goals.
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with partner studios and top external production vendor.
- Participate in negotiation of contracts with Business and affairs, including those with external production vendors and ensure their work is of outstanding quality, delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop and exploit strategic opportunities for the Studio. Increase the company’s value with development efforts that create and sustain studio franchises.
- Recruit outstanding creative talent and help to retain them.
What We're Looking For:
- Experienced in development and management of feature/episodic animation.
- Produced at least two critically acclaimed and commercially successful feature animation or episodic animation projects; responsible for team direction and management through all phases of project development.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of episodic or feature production processes including: management, design, planning, budgeting, staffing, technology.
- Confirmed ability to motivate and assist production teams in achieving their goals of predictably meeting uncompromising qualitative standards on schedule.
- Experience with and demonstrable success at developing project leaders.
- Ability to provide informed leadership on both domestic and international market trends.
- Effective collaborator with creative contributors.
- Vision and aptitude to perform at a strategic level.
- Demonstrable flexibility, professionalism, and finesse when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a creative environment.
- Exceptional skills as organizer, communicator, manager, and mentor.
- Shotgun experience a plus.
- Experience related fields to interactive entertainment, AV arts and sciences, or computer science.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Want more Animated Feature Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.